1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use a Sport Lock case?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by todddietrich, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

Hello All,
    I need to get a better hard case for the kid's BT99. He shoots a 34" barrel with flush tubes. I'm a bit cheap to buy a nice Browning case, and I see a few SportLock cases online. Are they worth having, and will the take a 34" barrel? The descriptions say they will hold a 32" with extended tubes, but I was hoping for a few opinions.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Todd

2. WGB

WGB Member

I have looked them over a couple times. Some of the "display" models already look worn out and are falling apart. The liner pulls loose easily because of the poor glue job and they look pretty cheaply made.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I bought one over the internet. They are not well made. I ended up gutting mine and reinforcing it with plywood and making the interior look like the inside of an Americase, of course now it weights a lot more. I paid about $125 plus shipping for the sportlock case. It will hold a 34" barrel

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I have carried my 99 Plus in one for over a year, no problems. I used a sharp chisel on the end of the barrel compartment and can now get my 34" barrel in it with the extended choke installed. I have 2 new ones to sell 95.00 + shipping.

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

We had 2 of them. 1 I had done a big Browning emblem on for my XT and the other holds the wifes Citori. They both are great they do the job they are supposed to.
    [​IMG]
    They are 4 years old.

I wouldnt hesitate to get another, as matter of fact I was looking to get another for my BT.

Jerry Lewis

6. todddietrich

I just found out that Lynn Gipson has them in Sparta (5 minutes away). I'll go take a look.

Todd

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

have one I got through Sportsmans Guide...was on sale for $78 dollars with my club discount...been as good as the std Browning luggage case and I like having the third center clasp

8. todddietrich

I picked one up at Gipson's. It was $86.50 before tax. They had a used Browning case at $100, but this looks good for my needs. The 34" barrel fits fine if you don't have extended chokes. Gipson's have been selling them for four years without complaints.

Thanks for all comments!

Todd

9. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

I have 2 of them that look like the pic Busti posted. They`re awful hard to beat for the $$. Amazon has them too. See link above.
    Regards, Pete

10. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

The 2 I have are 87.95 + shipping. The 95.00 price included NYS sales tax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.