1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use a 366 410 reloader?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have not been able to get consistent loads with this loader plus I have gone four sizes larger on the powder drop and still is dropping lite. I am trying to load old AA's with 296 powder and the orange wad(don't remember the name brand and too lazy to go over to the shop to see). Some drops will be 8 grains, some ten etc. I never had this problem with my Grabber but apparently I'm doing something wrong. Help please.

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

SJ, Make sure there is not obstruction the powder drop tube and then hesitate at the down and up stroke. Go very very slow.
    Don

3. TC

TC TS Member

I would strongly reccomend using the Hornady powder baffle. Smooth, slow, easy pulls will help with consistent drops. You really need to go slow with the 410's. Tony

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Hornady 366 does not offer adequate support to keep the .410 hull from wobbling as the turret rotates. As far as your powder drops go you will need some kind of baffle. My High Capacity Reservoirs have a baffle built into the base. It does a better job than the Hornady baffle.

skeeljc_2008_03031.jpg

If you really want to load .410's here is the machine that will do it better than any other.

Jim Skeel<BR>P/W Dealer/Distributor

skeeljc_2008_030339.jpg

6. quartering

quartering Active Member

agreed, the hulls wobble like crazy. but that shouldn't be a cause for inconsistent drops - and all the more reason to have a smooth cadence on the handle. i'd try polishing the inside of the funnel and tube glass smooth and see if that doesn't fix the problem

7. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

For a progressive, I like the MEC Grabber as you can rotate the turrent slowly and carefully by hand. It really never drops shot out, as you probably know as you state you used to use one.

As far as MEC reloaders go, I have never had a powder flow with more consistently accurate drops than with 296 as it is so small and dense. I use the spring loaded red plastic powder baffel with it to keep 296 for leaking out the charge bar.

8. leftex

leftex Active Member

Make sure the charge bar is moving all the way to the rear when you pull the handle. You may have to loosen the 2 bolts at the bottom of the charge bar cam and pull it to the rear of the loader in order to make this happen. Be sure to retighten the bolts.
    Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.