1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone use 32" at 27 yardline?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rbmtrap, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

I this era of 34-35" barrels for all yardage, anyone using a 32" (successfully) at long yardage? And if so, why have you stayed with it and not gone to longer barrel?

Thanks!

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Anyone use 32

I use a 30" barrel just fine at 27yds. My 32" O/U's do just fine as does my 34" single. If you have confidence in your equipment 90% of the battle is won.

ss

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Anyone use 32

Daro Handy shot a record 505 straight 27yd targets with a 30" Rem. 1100. Barrel length didn't seem to bother him at all. The only measurement that counts in trapshooting is the distance between your ears... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Anyone use 32

There is no technical reason that you cannot clean the handicaps with a 28 inch field gun. The velocity is not that much different. Many ported guns are wasting velocity building pressure at 26 inches anyway. Think about it, the shot is traveling well over 50 yards to the target, do you think 4-6 extra inches on your barrel are going to have a big effect?

5. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Anyone use 32

I use a 32" top single on a TS K-80, it works great. I had a couple 93's and a 96 from 27 at the Ohio State Shoot last week. It really moves left and right fast and hits targets hard.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.