1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone try new e3 powder? thoughts?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by knutershooter, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knutershooter

knutershooter Member

Just wondering if anyone has tried this powder and if they like it? It may not be new but new, not sure when it came out.

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I tried e3 several years ago when it 1st came out, they were running a special promotional deal to introduce it. It is good stuff but after the special was over & it went to regular price I went back to 700X, then when Hodgen (sp) bought IMR 700X went up also, so I'm currently using Promo as I got a good buy on 3 --8 pound jugs. If you can get e3 at a reasonable price I'm sure you'll like it, very clean burning & almost the same charge wt. as 700X. Ross Puls

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

e3 is an excellent 1oz (and 7/8oz) powder, with some light 1-1/8oz applications.

It is an excellent cold-weather powder. plus clean, meters well and is pretty economical, but is still costlier than RD or Promo for the same loads.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.