1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Tried Zip product Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I just found out about these chokes and the one I saw and inquired about the young man is happy with and doing well. Is anyone else tried or useing these?

2. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

These chokes are made by perennial All-American Chris Vendel. They are the best.

Chris

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They are very good chokes. If chris made them for my gun (.750 bore kolar), i'd be shooting them.

4. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

Dear Newbe, I have shot Chris Vendel's chokes from Zip products for 3 plus years now in several guns, THEY ARE GREAT! Chris not only is a Master Gun Smith but also a Master Machinest and a perfectionist when it comes to work done by him or with his name or endorsement on them. You can order them directly from Chris by contacting him at Zip Products at (585) 482-0044 or his cell at (585) 330-8161. You won't be disappointed and that's a fact! Don

5. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Chris Vendel's web site is crvcustomarms.webs.com

Chris

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

What's special about the inside of these chokes compared to, say, a Briley?

Fancy machine work on the outside is irrelevant.

MK

7. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

There is only one thing wrong with Chris's chockes, if you miss you can't blame the gun. LOL Bernie. Unknown1, if you were to have a engine built you would want to go to the guy that not only builds the engine but drives it, the same with skis designed and used but the same person. Chris knows patterns and POI better then the guy that just designs for a living, his chockes are high quality at a great price. He stands behind his products 110%.

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

You sound like a good salesman, Bernie, but that doesn't answer my question.

A choke is a tube with a tapered bore; there's only so much that can be done to a tapered bore that has to begin at one diameter and finish at another. What does Vendel do to his that's special?

MK

9. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

The original post stated that he had heard that the chokes worked well and questioned "Is anyone else tried or using these?" We have all offered our opinion based on our using them. Bernie also added that one of the best shooters makes and uses them, implying that if they are good enough for an All American, they are good enough for the likes of the rest of us.

10. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

hi, when i was shooting my 1187 i used a zip choke in L/M. for sporting and 16yd trap

since then i went back to my valmet combo's.
    I was well satisfied with the zip, it patterned well,and as i shoot fairly quick i could get by with the L.M.

good luck, dennis

11. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I would gladly try anything made by a shooter, because they actually DO not study someone elses.

Jerry

12. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Have known Chris since almost forever. He confided in me one time how he studied, and made what he considered the internal changes needed for the best pattern that could be gotten from a screw in choke.

I'm not in the position to tell of these changes other than they seem to work very well. Anyone who has them say the patterns are great, and they hit the target with authority.

Glad you asked about these...Dave in SC

13. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

What is the web site address?

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Website above.

Eric

15. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Are the zip tubes listed as the "extended choke tubes" that are 40 bucks?

16. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I am going to assume the extended chokes listed on his products on his site are what he makes them for, and sell for $40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

chris vendel chokes

crvcustomarms chokes
vendel chokes