1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone tried the PC post from Down Range

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Loaded some 1 1/8 7.5 for trap but I really got for crows. Have not had a chance to pattern but looked interesting. Would only be good for 16 yd line.

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I used the original PC Post for years with good results. 1 1/8 ounce, or less than 1 1/8 ounce if you put a piece of neoprene fuel line over the post. The thicker the fuel line over the post, the lighter the load and the more open the pattern. The post loads well in a PW, not so well in a loader with a solid wad seater.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I too tried the original PC post wad several times. It looked good - on a theoretical basis, at least - for first shot in doubles, skeet, maybe singles through a full choke.

It - the PC Post Wad - was no good at any of them. I never patterned them to find out why, but they scored fewer broken targets than standard loads in every discipline I tried them in.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.