1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone tried the Birchwood KC Black pens

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kenf, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

I have a few marks on a Sig Pistol with the Nitron finish (flat black) and was wondering if anyone has used the Birchwood Casey black repair pens successfully. The marks are just a few specks, and would blend in with a little gun oil.

Thanks,
    Ken

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I used one of those pens and will never use one again ... the bank refused the check I wrote with it cause they said the ink was not right or something but I will never use one of them pens again to write a check with.

Seriously though it is really no more than a Sharpie pen with a semi-permanent ink and should do just fine for a temporary covering but will most likely need to be done again and again over the life of the weapon.

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

They contain thin black paint (flat or gloss) in a marker type pen body with a chisel felt tip. They're convenient, but don't work any better than black paint and a small brush would.

4. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

I have used them on small spots, and they work moderately well. The main thing is to apply a thin coat, let it sit for a minute then rub lightly with 0000 steel wool. Repeat this process about 3-4 times. It will cover pretty well, but may need to be done later down the road again. Garrett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.