1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone take a bad check from PerazziBigBore??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The world is full of fake money orders. I wouldn't take a money order for anything or 25 cents.

2. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

It's common courtesy not to use personal checks for big items. I had a guy buy a trailer with one and wanted to take it home with him.

A postal money order or cash if you're local. Hell, I know we're anti-paypal, but this sure makes it attractive. Not to mention getting your goodies faster.

3. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I know Mike and he is a straight up guy. I would do business with him anyday. Mike do you need a PFS stock? Email me. Todd

4. new loader

new loader Member

Seems he did not want to sell it very bad and you did not want to buy it very bad. Otherwise, a mutual payment would be agreed upon to complete the sale. If he didn't want a personal check, that's up to him.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A bank check is good enough for me. Unless it's a large amount of money, then a cashier's check verified with a phone call to the issuing organization.

Never had a problem.

HM

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

ALF- Mike stated he is buying a PFS. That would be much closer to $1,000 than $100. I would trust Mike, or any other person who can provide me with an ATA number and a shooting history. That is much better than a credit check to me.

If one would give me a bad check, I would go to Circuit Court and get a judgment and put it on top of the stack of other judgments I have. Would someone like to buy some court ordered judgments at $100 per thousand?

Pat Ireland

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Pat, I'll take an assignment of a thousand judgments for $100. Rich

8. BustClays

BustClays Member

I deposited a check for the purchase of a rifle on a Monday and it was collected and money in my account by Thursday, same week. I have online access and could monitor. I shipped after collected, no problem.

bustclays

9. Bridger

Bridger Member

There is the illusion that if you buy a postal money order the feds will help you if it turns out to be a scam. Don't count on it. Postal Inspectors have there hands full with big money scams and don't have the time to spend on small transactions. A money order can have a stop pay put on it just like a check. Same with a bank certified check. There is not much of a safety net in these types of transactions. If the seller wanted to be cautious he could cash the check and wait until the funds had cleared before shipping. That would take no more than a couple of days.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've only been on the buying end of deals w/ mike, and they always turned out A+.

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have had the pleasure of dealing with Mike Greenblatt several times over the years. He has ALWAYS been straight forward and honest, to a fault. I would sell Mike anything he wanted and send it out even before I got his payment. I know Mike, and I trust him......enough said....Dan Thome (Trap2)

12. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

a gun dealer at a gun show once told me that he had never received a bad check for a gun.

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Okay, just to see if PerazziBigBore is on the up and up......He could send me a couple of very large checks and if they are for real, I will come back here and vouch for him.

If they bounce, I'll report that too.

I know I'm going a little bit out of the way to do this, but gosh darn it, I'm willing to take a chance on Mike.

So come on Mike, make out a couple large checks to me and that should clear up any and all questions about your integrity.

No need to thank me, just trying to help out a fellow trapshooter. ;)

Hauxfan!

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I about fell over when I read the thread title, then I saw that Mike put it up himself. A bad check and Mike just don't go together.

Mike Greenblatt is a 100% top-of-the-line character. Heck, go look at his antique dealer website in New Orleans. Chances are he could buy and sell most of us.

I have NEVER had one unpleasant transaction with Mike.

I have taken checks in the amounts of up to $40,000+ from TS.COM folks. If I doubt them, I just let them clear the bank. Everyone understands.

Whiz White

15. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

It seems from all acounts Mike is great guy.
    However I cant blame the fellow about being nervous. He doesnt know Mike from Adam..
    I do think he is being a little silly with the CHQ though.. Cash it.. Make sure it goes through and send the stock.

Calgary Guy

16. guncase

guncase TS Member

I sell a lot of guncases,,, quite a few to the TS.COM people. I have been known to send them before I recieve payment to most of these guys. I sell more than 600 a year and have only been stiffed once!! (And I still hope that the lock breaks and his SKEET gun falls out on the gravel!!)

Mike is absolutly one of these guys!! anything, anytime!! Paul @ warwick case co.

17. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Good one Paul. I liked that..........Roger

18. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Like Whiz said.... Jeff

19. tomward

tomward TS Member

I sold Mike a gun and when the check cleared, I discovered they had added 25%. I called the bank and inquired. They said that Mike directs then to add 25% to all checks he writes for gun related items. I have been calling him daily for the last two years just to see if I got anything he wants. Tom Ward

20. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Take a check from Mike? I don't know, he did admit to living in Sullivan County, NY for awhile once. :) I don't really know Mike or have any history of dealing with him, but I've never heard anything negative regarding his character from anyone. Occasionally, some people might not agree with his position or opinion, but I'd take the man on his word. If someone was ever burned by him, I'd be sure it would be all over this site for all to see. He even likes the same wads as I do! Can't be all THAT bad!:)

Regards,

Quack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.