1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shot or own a Parker Over/Under????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by little gambler, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Has anyone bought one of these guns? Shot a demo?? Looking for info on it other than a magazine that steers any possible customer towards them....How is the trigger? In your opinion would it hold up in a pigeon circuit? pm me if you don't want to put your opinion on here. Thanks. l.g.

2. little gambler

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Never heard of them until now!

4. EEB

EEB Member

This company had a booth at the Vintagers at Pintail Point 3 or 4 years ago. They had a gun on display, but I know of no one who has either owned one or shot one. They were pretty proud of it too - sticker was around $20k as I recall. It actually had nice lines and appeared to be well made, but as a Parker guy it had about as much appeal to me as a camo Mossberg. Personally, I think the Parker O/U is someone's pipe dream and that has never been put into production. Have you seen one, or do have the opportunity to buy one?

Ed

5. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

The guy who's making these is marketing them as target guns, but damned few clay target shooters today know anything about Parker guns. The gun maintains a superficial similarity to the old Parkers, but - of course - is an O/U which Parker never made. It's a shame really, because the gun has some interesting design innovations. Few of them have been made and the owner of the company, who I believe is an engineer, has about the worst marketing model possible. His thought was to get the U.S. Shooting Team to use them. But, of course, he'll never elbow his way past Perazzi and Krieghoff. Not at $20K a pop anyway. My guess is when the whole thing goes belly up, somebody will buy the company, redesign the exterior of the gun and maybe have a winner. But, it's going to be very hard to get a gun like that to market for under $15K. There's way too much skilled labor involved - and too few people left who know how to do it.

-JFW

6. little gambler

The barreles and ejectors look extremely complicated, and hammers look heavy in the trigger housing. I can't believe that no one on here has not shot one.... l.g.

7. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rick,
    I heard that only five have been made. I have no way of confirming that. That may explain why you can't find anyone who has shot one. I know that one of the U.S.A. shooters had one probably through sponsership.
    See you in a couple of weeks. In the mean time have a good Thanksgiving and bring some more of those grapefruit size apples.

Jimmy the Screw

8. little gambler

Jimmy,

Called the factory last week.....they claimed they have about 36 out there....but it's hard to believe that there is no on on here with the vast amount of shooters.....especially the shooters who trade guns right and left that no on on here has shot one, or has one for sale. One of the catalog guns has a ser number around mid 20's...... but who knows, that might have been the first one they built. Eat a piece of pie for me this Thursday!! l.g.

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

The gun was available to be shot several years ago at the Vintage Cup in Millbrook, New York. I examined it closely and saw it shot by many people on a practice five stand. It discharged every time the trigger was pulled. However, simplicity is not its strong point. Several screws are visible in the breech area, a no no for competition guns. The individual tubes are constructed in three pieces, another assault on simplicity. The prototype gun was a long barrel 12 gauge competition style gun. I have never seen one offered for sale on the used gun market, nor have I seen one on the shooting field. Taking it on the road was discussed, contact information was exchanged, and no one who offered was contacted as far as I know. I do know that I was never contacted.

10. fri

fri Member

GUYS Instead of being baffeled that no has shot one or seen one how about posting the link to the company so we can all share in your delight? Little Gambler you say you called the company? where are the located? I too am surprised that I have never heard of The Parker over and under. Did a quick search and nothing came up. Would like to see one.

Thanks

11. clb

clb TS Member

The only thing this gun has in common with the original is the name and recessed hinge pin.

AverageEd was contacted by the company to do a write up but according to Ed, the company never followed through.

fri, the link was given by little gambler in his first post!

12. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

fri, all the information you ask for is on the website and the link to the website is in the first post of this thread. Who said no one has shot or seen one? Reread my post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.