1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shot at Myrtle beach?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I saw where there was a trap club near myrtle beach, Has anyone shot there? What is it Like? Thanks

2. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

last I heard, it was closed for death in family...........open for trap on demand during week........heavy sporting clay courses. They do hold ATA shoots every month...........

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

You could always set up on a driving range down there and shoot at golf balls ... there is enough of them in the area ya know.

4. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

I shot some practice last year while on vacation. Nice facility, friendly folks. Just needed some trees and grass. ATA shoots are last weekend of the month I believe.

Mike

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I hope nobody got "shot" at Myrtle Beach! Sorry I couldn't help myself...

Guy

6. LarrySC

LarrySC TS Member

I recommend that you drive a few more minutes and go to Back Woods Quail Club. They have two skeet ranges, one trap range, one five stand setup, and two 10 station sporting clays courses (The green course is easier than the orange course; however, both courses are very challenging.).

The folks at Back Woods (i.e., owner, Rick Hemingway; Ms. Becky, manager; target setter par excellence, Dave Lemmen; and the entire staff) are truly friendly people and will make your sporting clays experience a most memorable occasion. They greet all--even us Yankee transplants--with true Southern hospitality. Give them a try. Their website is at: http://backwoodsquailclub.com/ They are open everyday. You will enjoy the challenge of sporting clays even if you are a die hard trapshooter.

Larry

7. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Myrtle Grove is coming along from what I hear. I took some pictures that you can view at the link above. The pix were tkaen during the early stages of construction and development. I know they have sodded the fields and the place is looking much better!

38-01615

8. dshot

dshot Member

The Place had not changed much in May from the pics. above. They have Reg. shoot the last weekend of each mo. The last two I was at,was to strat 10:00 oclock, at 1130 they had not strated and said they was waiting on someone before they could strat.

9. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Exactly - those pictures were taken at the 1st official registered shoot. You would think that somebody with a digital camera would provide some new pix.

I believe Bill Marin is managing the club at this time. You may remember him and his wife from their work at the Spartanburg GC.

I have heard several comments similar to dshot about start times for registered shoots.

I have a friend that relocated to MB and shoots there when he is in town. He came in 4th in the 2007 GAH and needs a place close to get birds registered. He is originally from PA and knows how a shoot should be run.

38-01615

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.