1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shooting Beretta a-400 xcel sporting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Thinking of getting a doubles, skeet, and sporting clays gun all in one. I've had 391's and Teknys and loved them. Saw the new blued A400 and was impressed with the improvements Beretta has done. I already have trap combos so don't want another trap gun.

Was curious if anyone shoots one of them and how you like it? Any problems?

thanks
    Bob

2. dls guide

dls guide Member

A young lady at our sporting clays range is shooting one and seems to like it a lot. She says that it shoots very soft and I haven't seen it miss a beat. I don't know much about autos, but I would consider buying one.

3. gold40

gold40 Member

I have owned a new A-400 Sporting Xcel with the Kick-Off option for three months and fired about 8 flats. I like it a lot. No problems or issues.

The recoil reducer really makes a difference.

It functions well with target loads of 7/8 oz. and 1 oz.

I did add a barrel weight and the heavier magazine cap to make it more "muzzle-heavy."

Nice shotgun.

gold40

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

A good friend of mine has one and he loves it. He is impressive with it shooting the long bird. It fits him well I guess because he don't miss often. He's only 79 years young and can't stand for long but while he's up he is awsome with that A400 and anything else he pick up. LOL Jackie B.

5. gunsnrods

gunsnrods Member

I been shooting my A400 "Smurf" gun for over a year..shoots great, I'm tall so I have a1/2 spacer in front of the kick off. My only complaint is the barrel loads up with wad residue near the forcing cone.

6. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

A good friend of mine has one, and I rented one at my local sporting clays range for a 100-bird event. I have no complaints with the gun, and neither does my friend, except for the usual complaints associated with all autos...chasing ejected hulls, mechanical sounds upon firing, sometimes hard for others to see if action open...etc.

If I were considering an auto, it would be at or near the top of my list.

bluedsteel

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I bought an A400 to shoot 3.5" coyote loads.I used it for dove hunting shooting 1oz loads.It handles both loads nicely and is really easy to clean.Uncomplicated action

Darr

8. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

Bob Ill meet you at the Gun and Bocci club in Stockton and you can shoot my SuperSport Benelli and you wont want the A400 then Ill trade you for a Trap Gun....lol

9. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Just an opinion but the Parallel target version to me would be a better all around choice. Only my opinion.

10. rwtii

rwtii Member

I got one for my son who does not like recoil. I have shot it a few times and it is the softest shooting 12 ga I have ever used. It has a drop stock and the kickoff. The parallel comb is way to high for me and I think it still would be with max drop on the shims. I taught a group of women last weekend and used it for that. I put a neoprene stock sock on it with a little foam under it on the comb and they loved it. Gas Gun, Benelli rotating bolt, kick off on the stock and even a hydraulic bolt buffer. The only way it gets softer is if someone else shoots it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
a400 xcel barrel forcing cones
beretta a 400 xcell sporting clays for sale
beretta xcel 400
beretta xcel 400 panel trap

beretta xcel 400 sporting clays

beretta xcel400
is the beretta a400 xcel sporting shotgun any good
kumkumbhagya shooting 400