Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone shooting an STI?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Star4Ever 
#1 ·
I have narrowed the search for my next pistol to an STI Edge or Apeiro. I think I am going to go with 45acp to keep all of my pistols in one caliber. A metallic reloader is alson in my near future.

So I ask all of those here is anyone has an Edge or Apeiro that would like to comment about them? The main difference seems to be the Schumann barrel on the Apeiro. I talked with Dawson Precision and the person I got didn't have any decent feedback about the differences between these two models.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing any and all comments!

-Aaron

#3 ·
I have a tactical model in 45acp and a 9mm edge, I am very pleased with them and would recommend without hesitation. Very well made and more accuracy than my ability. The Apiero front site is the selling point, fact that it is on the barrel and does not cycle back is supposed to improve target aquisition. Pretty slick setup, would love to have one. Dave

#4 ·
Sixten, yeah I know about the sight on the Schumann barrel and I was wondering about accuracy and function against the STI barrels. Both brands of barrels seem to have outstanding reputations. But maybe one is better in a certain caliber? Or maybe it is just marketing?

Either way, they seem to be worth the effort to obtain.

#5 ·
I do not know about the Edge or Aperio. However I have three STI's 2 in 45 ACP and one in 38 SuperCOMP.

TargetMaster with 6" Slide.

Sentinel Premier, plated.

Brazos BCG PRO SX, a race gun in 38 Supercomp.

The Targetmaster and Sentinel are single stack where as the BCG PRO SX is a 2011.

All three guns are purpose built, have performed flawlessly and are as accurate and sewing machine like as you would want.

I got them from Brazos and had him perform his magic to each prior to shipping them to my FFL.
He is a master STI gunsmith.

Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.