1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shooting a TM9X?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I saw a couple really nice TM9X's on the Pacific Sporting website and was wondering how many people are shooting them? I have seen a few at SoCal shoots, but not nearly as many as "regular" MX8/2000/TM1/TMX's. I know it is a relatively new gun but was curious about feedback. The one's I have seen for sale seem to have fairly light chokes, around 30-32 thou. Were there many seen at the Spring Grand?

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shoot a TM9X and it has 35 thou constriction with an over sized bore
    Shoots good for me.

Ed Yanchok

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Not that many because there weren't that many made and they fell victim to devaluation of our dollar and came new with a pretty heavy price tag. If you are a "heads up" shooter or want to be then it's a great and well balanced gun. If not, the Tm9x is probably not the gun for you.

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

From a dollar standpoint,would a good,untampered with,TMX be a better purchase??? What are the advantages of the newer gun? Tom

5. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Member

Just recently picked up a 2010 model TM9 with Perazzi SC3 wood and a factory adjustable semi-rollover comb. This is my fourth trap gun and by a very wide margin, it is also my favorite. Outstanding balance, extremely low recoil, and points like nothing I have ever had! 18.7 bore and 32 thousandths constriction. Could not be any happier with the gun.

6. JGS

JGS Member

I purchased a TM9x in 2010 as I had just gone through back surgery, and I thought a lighter gun might prove to be an advantage if not a necessity. I also thought at my age (71), I might move the gun better. To my eye, this Perazzi model has an extraordinarily graceful design that looks like a single barrel trap gun should look, and I have always had a weakness for good looking guns. The old cliche that "Nothing swings like a Perazzi." is certainly true of the TM9x. The 1.42 kg barrel's bore measured .742 and the choke had a .034 constriction. On paper, the gun threw a great looking pattern, and recoil was negligible.

When my back got better the following year, I decided to start pursuing doubles again, and my old doubles gun was so different from the TM9x that I decided to get a Perazzi combo and I sold the TM9x. However, based on my experience with the gun, one would be hard pressed to find a better singles or handicap gun, particularly if you are looking for a lighter gun that moves easily to the target. They are well built, and should last several lifetimes. J.G.Sayle

7. plux001

plux001 Member

Purchased a TM9...really tried to like it. Shot it fairly well. Least recoil of any gun I've ever shot. But at the end of the day, I took it back. Just didn't move me like a gun that price should. Replaced it with a lightly used, bone stock, 35 year on TM1 (at 25% of the cost), and I am absolutely in love. Don't get me wrong, the TM9 is a fine gun...I just think the TM1 is better, ESPECIALLY for the $$$$.

Paul

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The Tm9x has a factory adjustable rib and Perazzi's latest stock design. I think it's the best looking Perazzi ever made.

9. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Great answers so far. The lines of the gun are very attractive to me as well. They have a Lusso at PSA and it is just beautiful. If I were in the market for a single shot, I would sure have that on my list. But it would have to be choked tighter than .030.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.