1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shooting a JEG silver pigeon?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I have been looking at Joel Etchen's Beretta silver pigeon trap combos on his website and think they are nice looking guns. Just looking for opinions from any shooters that own one. Thanks, Dale

2. markc2

markc2 Member

Great guns for the money. I've shot one for the last two years with no complaints. Mark

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I bought a top single combo for our son in 2005 and liked it so much that after seven Krieghoffs, I bought an unsingle combo for myself in 2008. I've done two reviews on those guns for Shotgun Sports Magazine and feel like Mark that they are the best bang for the buck in a trap gun.

[​IMG]

Mechanically, they are the same as the very durable 682 Gold E but offer more conservative, slightly elegant styling and unique stock dimensions for about the same money.

Ed

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I've been shooting one of the JEG unsingle combos since they came out, can't think of a bad word to say about 'em.

John C. Saubak

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Love mine shot my first and only 100 straight so far with it.

Jerry

6. 548

548 Guest

I just bought an un-single combo two weeks ago from his 2013 run. If you click the above link, mine is the top gun. I love it. I have not shot the double barrel yet, but the single barrel has been fun to shoot. And I never experienced a rough period trying to figure out how to shoot it. First day I put it together I shot a 23 from the 25 yd line in our local league. That's about two birds better than my average.

*Edit*

The case does suck though. Plan on another 3-4 hundred for a decent case.

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I got a JEG 687 combo at the beginning of this season and have been shooting with it since then. The gun is amazing, the feel and balance of the is superb. I would have to agree that it may be the best value in trap guns.

As for saying you need 3-400 for a decent case, I don't know about that.

8. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if it still comes in a top combo? thanks, Dale

9. LFT687

LFT687 Member

I've been shooting mine for a couple of years and I love it. I get lots of compliments on it...many more than on my actual scores. I'm sure you won't be sorry if you bought one and I've never heard a bad word about dealing with Etchen.

Dave

10. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

bought mine 2 years ago and love it

11. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Simply the best trap combo for the money available in my opinion. Bought my JEG combo some years ago at the Grand and have never had any problems what so ever. Great shooter and good looking to boot. What's not to like?

12. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

bought one last year and have had nothing but trouble, after JEG said all my problems were a beretta problem and beretta said its all within there specks i just keep shooting it, first my unsingle rib is not straight and sent it back twice, second my trigger would not shoot top barrell so have to fix myself, and third my over/under barrell, bottom beyond flat and top why high so I have to shoot top first, but they are very pretty guns and i do shoot it pretty well, and there was a man at the grand that had one just like mine and his rib was not straight either, but now that all is fixed i guess its alright but has left a bad taste with buying a new gun and having problems. sorry my story was first to be negative, tony

13. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Thats allright Tony, I wanted opinions good or bad. Your certainly entitled to yours. Dale

14. Scott57

Scott57 TS Member

Dale, I have an unsingle combo that I purchased from JE in March. No problems so far and shooting well with it. If you loosen the front screw a bit on the rib, the rib will straighten out. Stays straight unless you overtighten. Just make sure to use some locktite so you don't lose the screw.

15. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have Joel Etchen Combo for my wife and she will not shoot anything else.

16. Bridger

Bridger Member

I have one that I bought two years ago and am thinking of selling. Upgraded EELL wood with upgraded finish and adjustable comb. It has had very little use. Nothing wrong with it and I have shot it well but I have no need for a combo gun and could part with it. Let me know if interested. I am away from home now but can get some photos in a few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.