1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shoot with a Gooey Pad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bucko43, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any info on Gooey pads? Are they any good for recoil reduction? What's the best version, and what's the difference between Gooey's and kick-eze?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have them on a number of my guns. They are squishy soft. I fit my own to the stock and they are hard to grind, because they are so soft. They do make a big difference in recoil reduction. See link above. Mark

3. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I had one before I went to a gra-coil. They are very soft and "sticky." I think they are very good. The guy who put mine on put the pad in the freezer for a while until it got hard, and then ground it to shape.

4. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

DO they make these up for your style gunstack or do we have to grind them to fit?

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They are grind to fit. I have them on both my Trap and Sporting guns and they are the best at reducing felt recoil. The down side is that they don't last as long as a Kickeez or similar pad, but I get a couple of years out of them easy.

6. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

In my opinion they're the best for recoil. Never fitted them to the stock, the bigger, the better.

BB

7. citadel

citadel Active Member

They work just fine but they tend to pick up lots of junk on them when the butt rests on the ground. And you have to pick out the sticks and rocks. Everything sticks to them. Even my shirt.
    Doug

8. Bucko43

Do they get more sticky when it's hot outside? I live in San Diego and it gets pretty hot in the summer time. We get 2 to 3 months a year where it's 90 degrees or more. I wouldn't want the darned thing to melt on me...

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Yes, they get sticky in heat. they will suck the paint off a gun rack, but it will easily pull off. They are the best in my opinion.

Store your gun barrel down to extend the life.

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

They are great! They also prevent the gun from slipping on your shoulder once mounted.

blade819

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Do they come with wings?

12. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

Having a sore shoulder, I had one put on my Grade 6 skeet gun. Had a gunsmith in Abingdon, Vir. Fit it to the stock. It works great, and he did outstanding job. Bob

13. Browning Girl

Browning Girl TS Member

I love my Gooey Pad. It realy helps with recoil! It is the best with keeping the gun in place when mounted.
    Being a lady I don't have that pocket that most guys have to put my gun into so I needed something to help keep it still that didnt hurt. They come in all different sizes and styles. I have one that has little demples on it and it is very sticky. Likes to stick to my clothes, But I was told by the man I got mine from that the smooth ones are better about not sticking to your clothes. It isn't sticky like a sticker , but it will pick up lint from clothes. I keep a leather pad under mine when I have to put it on a rack or on the ground and I have no problems with it picking up things.

Mel

14. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Sprinkling some powder on it will help the stickiness.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I had a 1/2" Gooey Pad installed on my son's LT-20 for the shortest possible LOP when he started out. Worked fine. And unlike the Limbsaver pads, it hasn't melted.

16. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I love the super gooey and the thicker the better. They don't last as long as a kick eez but that is the point.

17. Bucko43

Thanks much for the advice folks.

I'll be placing an order shortly to get at least one.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shoot the gooey in me