1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Shoot the new Infinity Shotgun?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Terry Patterson, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Patterson

Terry Patterson TS Member

Just wondering how you like it. I believe they had a demo at the Grand. Any info. appreciated.

2. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

My friend bought #200 from Dennis thru Bob Schultz. He has been shooting a Kolar Unsingle for years and is still adjusting to the lighter front end. The gun is very well built and it has a beautiful piece of wood. He's still working on the POI since the trigger is faster than the Kolar. He shot it well at the Grand breaking several low/mid 90's scores in the caps and didn't hurt his singles average. His only complaint was the stock not exactly fitting him. He talked to Dennis at the Grand and he said he would help him with getting the stock fitting him a little better. He is still shooting the Kolar for doubles, but commented the Infinity kicked less with Handicap shells.

The thing I noticed was how well balanced the gun is, when you have it apart the bbl is amazingly light, with the majority of the weight coming from the forearm metal and the reciever. Overall a great gun and alot more refined than the MAch One.

Jeff G

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hey Jeff G,

Are you sure it is #200? I thought that #200 was in the hands of Dennis's father. If you are referring to the one bought at the Indiana State shoot, it is #201. I had a chance to fondle that one and was very impressed with the gun!

ec90t

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

John,

You take the nicest pictures.

Couple of questions. Why the choke that extends the barrel? I've swapped back in the flush choke you sold me with the Mach One. And where's the balance point on your Infinity in relation to the opener button. Just curious.

Thanks, Joe.

5. Double-D

Double-D TS Member

It balances right at the hinge pin.-Dean DeBow

6. aa27zz

aa27zz TS Member

Dudley

The best advice I can give...buy an Infinity!

I was in Canton yesterday for my fitting for #217.

I will post the entire experience later.

Sam

7. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

That is the Viper of trap guns!

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

How is the stock removed? I understand there is no stock bolt? What is Dennis charging for the new gun and fitting?

9. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

The DeVault website has very little info.
    Odd-looking gun, but strangly attractive.....

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I know a sundevil that would love having one of those! :) Happysundevil

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hi Double D,

Still want one but ran into a snag. Will stay in touch and get together with you as soon as feasable.

Oh, by-the-way, I shot one in Ohio. It didn't fit me well but I still shot it well. Since this gun is truely customized, I can't wait to get started.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

By-the-way, Dean, can the trigger and the opening lever be made in a more polished gold?

13. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Barry,

Yes they can be more polished but that involves alot more hand work that is costly, but it can still be done. I updated the web page page last night, added more photo's. If someone wants more info let me know, but I think the important information is already there.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.