1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANYONE SHOOT KENT SHOTGUN SHELLS??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yukon_870, Jun 18, 2013.

1. yukon_870

yukon_870 Member

Has anyone ever shot Kent shotgun shells? Are they good quality? Are they worth buying?

2. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Kents are OK. Warning, stay away from the 1-1/2 oz. 4-1/4 dram. They are killers on both ends. Used some on Annie's shoots,ended up opening them up and removing 1/4 oz of shot,then adding a 20 ga. card wad for proper crimping. They were still nasty.

Clyde

3. Gamba Man

Gamba Man Active Member

Just went through a case of Kent's Game and Target (diamond shot) 1145-fps 1-1/8 #8.

Absolute target crushers, as good/better than premium ammo,...pleasantly suprised. Recoil was light, shot very tightly/uniformly through my ASE-Gold.....thumbs up.

Cesare

4. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Ive bought and shot a few cases. Hit like AA supersports. Feels like Federal 2 3/4 dram. All Kent target loads are unavailable for order untill further notice(per Kent). Jw

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I had/have an issue with them, specifically the white powder they pack in with the shot. Surely you're gonna be breathing some of it and there's got be some lead contamination. Our club provided them to their clients until the worrisome white mystery powder issue came up. In the field, I guess they're just fine; but I just shot 3,800 targets in the last three weeks and don't want to be breathing whatever that stuff is.

FWIW....mike

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I smoked a pack of Kent cigarettes one time if that helps. :)

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Shells that are priced the same as the best quality ones (AA,REM,Gold Medal) are hard to justify in my experience. Just buy what has been proven to produce the best results. Heck after the rebate they are a good bit higher priced.

8. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

They are OK

9. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

I use the 12 ga. FastLead loads for pheasants. 1 1 1/4 oz. at 1350 fps get the job done.

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

What do their wads look like......Cups to protect the barrel from the shot or like a lage wad that lets the shot streak the barrel?

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I used to shoot them all the time until they matched priced with the Premium shells, haven't shot any since ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Great shell, just wish I could get them more often.

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

Tried them about 10 years ago but after TWO FTF in one flat never bought them again. The primers were hit hard but no bang.

Went to Kemens and never had another problem.

T

Search tags for this page

kent and white gold shotgun shells

kent shotgun shells