1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shoot in San Antonio/ National Complex?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What should I expect? Any advice? Thanks

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Expect a well run shoot at a gorgeous facility!!! Stop by and say hello at Bldg. 22 on Vendors' Row!

Ken Rucker

3. smsnyder

Thanks Ken, I will.

4. high 2

high 2 Member

You can watch Fox news while you`re in Ken`s shop.. Ruck is my kind of guy. It`s a great place to shoot and to relax. Larry

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Hey Ken, I will stop in on Friday too! Frank C
    SMSnyder, I hope to see you too, my first trip to SA!!

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Great shooting complex. You will have a good time

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Silver Dollar and San Antonio in the same year? I'm jealous.

8. smsnyder

Setterman, my day died at 64 of a heart attack. I am 60. Going to shoot trap as much as I can. Had two operations for tumors in my head. Never know what the future holds. Enjoy life.

9. Setterman

Good for you! More of us should smell the roses. Have fun and let us know about your trip.

10. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Rent a locker at night for that fancy gun you shoot. They are guarded. Jimmy Borum

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Ditto on renting the locker as well. A local shooter near me had his rental car hit during the night. His gun was in the room but all his shooting stuff was taken. Shells,pouch,glasses w/lenses,vest,plugs, misc. Get a locker!!! Breake-m all. Jeff

12. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Took my Daughter there for 5 years to the State 4-H Shoot. It is a nice place and there were several vendors there. Lots of things to do in town after each day ot the shoot.
    We took a camper and camped on the grounds. Had cook outs and lots of fellowship time. Also rented Golf carts from Mission Golf carts because we stayed almost a week and shot 6 events.

Do rent a locker for your valueables because the town locals know what is going on and will certianly relieve you of your property at motels and dining places. I KNOW !!!

You will have a fun time there!!

WesleyB

13. Setterman

Is theft really that rampid in San Antonio? I had heard that you should take special precautions long the river walk, but is the entire area bad?

14. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

ddDI lahve been shooting there once or more for the last 5 years. They put on great and well run shoot with great people and venders with a clear blue sky background. You will have to move around do to shooting on two levels. Check the weather because shooting in Texas can be very tring. Last year it rained big time the four days I shot they had to cancel the Sat. 200 singles do to flooding of the fields. My daughter lives in the aera and we have been on the Riverwalk mlany times and never had any trouble.
    PS. Jim's restrants have the best breakfast in town and there is two with in 5 miles of the complex.

15. smsnyder

Is there any illegals down there? lol

16. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

NNAAaaaaaa!

17. mikeo65

mikeo65 TS Member

smsnyder... wzup with that comment?... the battle of the alamo was years ago time to get over it...

j/k with you dude... :)

18. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Most Texans got over the Alamo, when Sam Houston finished up at San Jacinto.

19. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

what selection of shells are available at the Complex?? from vendors or from the "shell house"??

20. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

All shells sold at the Complex are sold at the Complex shell house. Vendors are not allowed to sell shells on the property. The shell house normally has a large variety to choose from.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.