1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shoot at Ben Avery in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fletcher, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

Thinking about heading that way for the shoot Jan 8-13 any good comments or bad

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They are in the process of getting the place in shape as it should be to accomidate shooters and it will continue to get better for quite awhile ... I have shot up there and it went reasonably smooth and was worth going to with a few exceptions ... They need a food vendor, a place to get inside and sit down in between events, and something other than portable shit houses all over the place so once they get things done it will be great, until then it will just be a place to shoot with no frills ... Its a work in progress so prepare to be a little flexible of your normal expectations and bring a lunch with, just in case ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

Well I am thinking about making a short Vacation while between jobs and shooting. Thanks for the timely response and I will keep checking for more feed back. Jeff

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Very nice facility, very poorly run in the past. Lived 5 miles away for three years and went twice. It sucked

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Food is good at the Wild Horse West just down the road.

There's a couple more places on the East side of the I-17.

HM

6. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

fletcher

17 fields...all new trap houses with Pat traps and Canterbury voice release. New field lighting. Club house currently being renovated. 1 field set-up with pattern plate and 2 pattern boards. Field for extra RV camping being worked. Staff has run just 3 or 4 shoots. Staff has good attitude and still learning. Bring a lunch catering still being sorted out.

Cheers

Gavin

7. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Sporting clays course is good.

8. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Why would you shoot at poor Ben?

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Have very fond memories of Ben Avery.....shot my first perfect round of SKEET there last August. Yes, it was over 110 degrees and somewhat humid, but I still ran 'em! Great place to shoot just about anything...shotgun, rifle, pistol ranges for every discipline imaginable. Wish it were closer to Coarsegold, CA! Much nicer place to shoot than Red Mountain in Scottsdale, and only $5 per round!

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The facility has been under construction for several months and it continues to be under construction at this time ... There are several places to get fast food or as mentioned the Wild Horse Saloon (3 miles west of the facility) has some great burgers and chilli at reasonable prices ... It will be a showplace once its done but until then come prepared to adjust to the circumstances of that day ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Has the old Phoenix trap club on Camelback ever been replaced?

12. white rattler

white rattler Member

Just got home from Ben Avery. We shot 100 doubles and 100 handicap. The place looks very nice. The targets were good. The handicaping, squading and taking of the money was done in a very fast and friendly way. They had a food truck on site. Larry and Paul did a great job of getting it done. Trevor Dawe.

13. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Shot there many times in the past and just here about three monthe ago went back. Have been there several times since. The place is going to be a wonderland for shooters and bow men or ladies. It has everything emanageable for the sportsman. Yes, it is getting better as the progression goes along. Just be patient with the people and the gun club. They have been putting in new lanes on the trap fields especially No.1 to I believe #4 for the people in wheel chairs. There is to be more accessability for them as well elsewhere on the grounds. It's all taking time and great people working the club grounds. And the shoots.

Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

14. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

15. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Ben Avery Staff

Good job with the 4-day shoot. I wish my score could have been as nice as the targets.

Gavin

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Ben Avery Clay Target Center is one of the best clubs in Arizona and I have always enjoyed shooting there, besides that its close to home ... There are plans to build another club house and add 14 more trap fields which will make it the biggest trapshooting facilty in the state also ... I'm glad they finally got a food vendor to come in for the last shoot and hope they will continue with that until they make other provisions ... The Staff is picking up the operation at an accelerated pace and so far been doing a good job of it from what I have seen ... I did not make it to the last shoot due to other commitments but do plan on doing some shooting up there during the winter chain ... It will only get better with time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.