1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shoot at Aqua Sierra in LA in 50's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cafowler, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cafowler

cafowler Member

Anyone shoot at Aqua Sierra in LA in 50

Someone was telling me about shooting at this private trap club in LA when they were a kid, Aqua Sierra. Anyone on here ever shoot there? Curious if there is any momento's or memory's they can share on here, who they shot with, best memories, etc.

2. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

I shot my first rounds of trap there when I was about 10-12 yrs old... around 1965-66. Had been going there with my Dad for years before that... we called it "Roy Rogers Range" as we would see Roy there quite often.

Walt Hastings

3. gc559

gc559 TS Member

I used to be a trap boy there in 1964 or 1965. It is where I learned to shoot. I beleive Roy was a part owner and there were a group of owners, It was very close to Roys home in Chatsworth at the end of Devonshire in the San Fernndo valley. I think there are homes or condos there now.

Vance Colvig (Bozo the Clown) and Slim Pickens were regulars every weekend. I also got to pull skeet and trap for Roy who was an excellent shot. It was a great kids job.

G. C.

4. cafowler

cafowler Member

Up,

GC, can you tell us any stories you remember from your days working there. Sounds like you might have been pulling for Walt Hastings in '65 or so? You guys know each other now?

Tell us more in detail about what you guys remember. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.