1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone shoot a perazzi MX 2005?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by winchesterAA, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Hi,
    Does anyone shoot a perazzi MX2005 undersingle? How do you like it or dislike it. I currently shoot a MX2000 and was wondering if you like the higher rib compared to the 2000. Any input would be appreciated, Thank You Richie

2. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Had one for about 4 years, after shooting a 2000 for several years. It's a good gun, but there's a learning curve to it. You won't figure it out in an afternoon. Give it a couple thousand rounds to reprogram your brain a bit and don't switch back and forth to a sporties or skeet gun. It takes a little work, but you'll like being able to shoot with your neck straight instead of all hunched over like you do with a field gun. Recoil is minimal.

It helped to put on an adjustable butt plate to minimize canting and raise your mount a bit higher. It also helped to pattern the gun to help visualize where it shoots. Pattern your 2000 first and then use the comb to shoot to the same POI.

I guess it's similar to switching from one eye to two eyes. It takes a little effort. It's a sweet gun once you figure it out.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have heard there have been some problems with the MX-2005 rib coming loose.

I heard this personally from a dealer who had sold the Perazzi New and had to send it back for repair.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

bobdog has it right.. I never really got use to mine..and sold the barrel at the GRAND last year.. When I almost had it down.. it was a very easy gun to shoot.. The Olympic team had one that was very light and dynamic..It REALLY shot well.. If you get one.. order a LIGHT barrel.. It makes a world of difference.. AND.. the stock fitting is vastly different than a MX10.. The whole geometry is different.. I'd venture to say.. only one out of 50 MX2005's are fitted correctly.. Then.. a panic sets in.. before you figure it out.. and sell the gun..

5. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Gary, it sounds like the dealer had a problem with one gun, because there aren't many of them around. Mine has held up well and still feels new.

To be fair, I did break a leaf spring so far, but I broke 2 on my MX2000. It's pretty common with Perazzi's. Other than that, no problems.

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

i now a guy that shootz a K-80TS. Have fun, puablo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx2005 for olimpic trap