1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Shoot a Browning Special Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by halfmile, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I like the configuration, slimmer forend and lower rib than the original Citori.

Nothing new about the innards, Miroku has made several million.

HM

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

My son shoots one. Nice 30" that he really likes and shoots well. He can't afford to shoot a lot of registered targets (and won't let me pay his way, lol). His does not have an adjustable comb and he refuses to switch out the 20+ year old recoil pad for a new kickeeze in my cabinet.

I have shot it a few times, nice balance. Choke tubes make it easy to find the right pattern for your yardage. I like Briley tubes and so he inherited a couple of mine. Not sure he ever noticed.

If I was getting one from a seller I would have someone good (Phillip probably) check the trigger pull and set at around 4 pounds. Most any brand aftermarket choke tubes give you more options than the Browning originals.

3. greta500

greta500 Member

I have had a special trap since 1992 and have put at least 250,000 shells thuu it with

No problems

I have it gone over once a year.

It is a fine gun.

Greta Cesario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.