1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone seeing this site stall out at night?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    From 9PM to about 1AM Pacific time I often see this site "stall out". Usually it opens a new blank page, and does nothing. Sometimes it will return an error message.

2. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Brian:
    I notice it 'stall' or slow down occasionally. I can't really pin it down to any time period that's regular enough to attribute it to anything specific. It could be one of a number of things including (1) high Internet traffic, or (2) TS server / provider traffic or (3) my own ISP being overly busy. I admit it's a little frustrating when it happens, but I go on to browse one of my other 'mission-critical' websites. <:)

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. Mac V

Mac V Guest

There's an email link at the bottom of the main forum page. I"ve gotten a reply to every email I've sent.

Why not email the webmaster, report your observations and see what he says instead of speculating to each other about it?

Mike

4. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Mike:
    I don't frankly see the need to bother David with this. On my scales of priority items, having a website run a little slow once in a while is not a big enough deal to email him about. He monitors the forum anyway, so he'll see this thread. Thanks for the advice, but I'll wait until something really important arises.

As to admonishing us about 'speculating', seems to me that's pretty much what everyone does on this website - voice their opinion - just as you have here. No harm done and no fingers pointed.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I do not know who needs or wants to hear this. Sometimes you have to watch out what you say you may step on someones tows. Yes I have noticed this site slowing way down at night.I will leave e-mailing the web master up to someone else in fear of making someone mad. BUT ANYWAY THE SITE SLOWS DOWN AT NIGHT.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mike, because why bother David unless others are having the same issue? If I was the only one, then it could be my local ISP, which David would have no control over.

7. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

I have noticed it slowing down at about 9:30 pm mountain standard time on several nights----------Norbert

8. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

When it will not open and I get the SERVER ERROR message I go to "shotgunworld.com".

See the URL above.

Frank

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I wouldn't go to shotgunworld.com unless I was seriously intoxicated. Only then could I tolerate those Baikal toting knuckleheads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.