1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone see Vern Brown???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbbor, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

He was in San Antonio. Probable home now.

2. dewman

dewman Member

had dinner with vern and his bride sat night in s.a at swg--left monday to go home---don weeks

3. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Mike,

I tried Vern's cell phone number two weeks ago. Left voicemail, and haven't heard back from him. If he was in San Antonio, I am glad he is ok.

Matt

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The only reason I don,t shoot with a PFS. is I can never get ahold of Vern Brown . Two weeks ago I call his office three time also called his cell two times . This week he calls me NO THANKS . When I need something (and spend money)I would like it now and not in two weeks .

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems at all with Vern. He repaired a problem on my PFS which I caused at no charge. Total turn around was three days. How can anyone get better service than that?

6. Cray

Cray Member

Shot410ga: I agree with you. Cray

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I bought a new PFS stock for a Seitz gun two years ago . Same thing I call the office no answer I call the cell no answer . Now I need a stock I can ADJ. to fit better (Perazzi) and was thinking the PFS would be it . I may never need a part but I can,t get ahold of Vern to place an order ?? Vern may be a good guy but I need service NOW .

ALF-99

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Yea I have seen Vern not much to look at kinda tall skinny legs saw him in shorts looked like he was riding a chicken with glasses and skinny salesman mustache.

Friendly sort shoot a gun with a weired prosthetic looking kind of stock must me a Viet Nam vet or something.

9. old tex

old tex TS Member

I was priveleged to shoot the SW with Vern, great squad mate and even greater gentleman.

He left the grounds yesterday and is on the road I expect.

Dick Lindsay

10. twin

twin Member

I had an alteration done on my PFS (a 3rd. party alteration) the guide rod was removed to do the alteration and since then it swivels. Not conducive to good shooting.

Now this had nothing to do with Vern's exceptionally well designed PFS.

I called Vern in San Antonio and he asked me to ship it to him there so that he could take a look at it.
    He was unable to do the repair on site, and said the repair would be done as soon as he got back to Colorado.

He will replace the guide rod and send it off asap.

I can't ask for better than that!!!! This is someone who stands by there product, and more importantly it was not a malfunction of his product. Talk about great service.

The PFS is the best system out there. I have The Soft Touch, Gracoil, Counter Coil, and the Clyde Slyde and nothing beats the PFS.

PS. I have met Vern on a couple of occasions and I hadn't noticed legs like a chickens.

All the Best, Ed Burke

11. zinger

zinger Member

Alf, if you needed a PSF that fast, why didn't you contact one of the many distributors? Any one of us would've been happy to take care of your needs. Vern is a class act and it's too bad you'd trade a top quality product for an "I WANT IT NOW!" attitude.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

ZINGER When I pay top dollar yes I want it now and not when you get time . By the way I needed to talk to Vern and not you . I never said Vern was not a Swell guy only that he was very hard to get on the phone . Now you need attitude just let me know how much and when .

13. chessney

chessney TS Member

Alffy, Why the tough guy routine?...Ziggy

14. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Simple You push I push

15. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that since Vern is both an active shooter as well as the manufacturer of the PFS, both keep him pretty dang busy, especially since I think he is a one man operation. That is the reason why he has a network of dealers, because he cannot possibly cover everybody all the time, but i'm sure he does the best he can. I'm going to guess that there are at LEAST 4 pfs dealers on this site, and if anyone needs anything, all they have to do is post and one of the dealers can hook them up with w/e they need. I purchased my first pfs from Bob Schultz, a grip from Zinger (Kim Bateman), and my 2nd pfs from Indiana Gun Club (which was made from parts by vern while he was @ the grand in 06), all transactions A+. I have spoken to Vern a couple times on the phone, and a handful of times through email, and was always able to get ahold of him pretty quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.