1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone see Glenn Beck last night?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Glen had a wwestern state congressman (can't remember the state) anyway they are starting a movement to block federal laws about guns/ammo etc. that originate and stay in that particular state. The state WILL NOT recognize fed. laws on guns and ammo. They only have jurisdiction in that particular state but are we seeing a chink in Obammy's armor?? I hope so. Apparently there are other states jumping on this bandwagon!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

That state was Montana, the governor signed into law house bill #246

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I hope the rest of the country follows the lead of Montana as we need to reign in the Fedseral Gov't. and their draconian laws.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

Texas is working on the same kind of law.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Oklahoma is doing similar things.

Falls back to State's Rights.

Curt

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

It is encouraging to see that kind of sentiment in some of the states but I won't get too excited yet. The Federal Government uses the "commerce clause" in the Constitution as jurisdiction to regulate nearly everything, if it crosses a state line the Feds claim jurisdiction. It will be very difficult to manufacture anything totally within a state. If the steel or any component comes from out of state or overseas the Feds will say they have jurisdiction. Also the Supreme Court has ruled in the past that the Federal Government had jurisdiction over the crops grown on a farm even though it was grown totally in state. That ruling would have to be overturned. It will be an interesting court fight.

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The point is that this legislation is a way of bringing previous interpretations of the "Interstate Commerce Clause" up for judicial review.

One especially egregious interpretation involved a farmer who grew wheat on his own property for his own consumption. The Supreme Court ruled that the farmer was subject to federal regulations under the Interstate Commerce Clause even though no interstate commerece was involved.

If these state laws reach the Supreme Court and if they is upheld, it would reverse many of the regulations which the feds have justified under this provision of the Constitution. States rights would be re-affirmed and things in the US might change dramatically. Then the president might be forced to establish the national security force he has been campaigning for in order to re-establish federal control (read, his control) over every aspect of American life.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Alaska is on that band wogon also.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I like seeing the states rise up against the federal government. I have given up hope in the nation as a whole. My only hope is for America to break apart into different regions. I would love to see the middle of the country join with the Southeast and leave the insanity of the Northeast and West Coast behind. A nation that would elect the marxist Obama is no longer a nation I want to belong to.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm all for Montana's bill 246 and hope other states do something similar. It is a bit frightening though that we have a need to go through this process of reclaiming states rights. I'm not the student of history that I would like to be but much of what is going on today seems like what I have read about the beginning of the civil war. Hope that is just my own paranoid thought.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

wolf, you are correct. Most of the sheeple think the Civil war was about slavery. Actually State's Rights was the main issue.

The South was largely self sufficient, depending on the North for only some manufactured items, tools and such. they put bales of cotton on the dock, and unloaded the thngs they bought with the money.

This did not sit well with Washington. I believe you know the rest of the story.

The most interesting historical part (and there are many) was te actiond with the carpetbaggers after hositities ceased.

HM

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Kind of bizzare when you think about it, the states have gradually surrendered their rights so that they can continue to get money from the government but that money comes out of the pockets of the people to begin with. It must be the delusion of the free lunch .... or maybe it's more than I can comprehend, something like crooked polticians.

13. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

We need an executive to stand up to the black robed shysters on the courts and their perverted views and interpretations of the constitution. I, for one, am sick of these arrogant bastards. We need another Andrew Jackson, when he stood up to Chief Justice, John Marshall, and said, " Marshall's made his decision and I've made mine. Let him enforce his, because I will not." Problem here is that there are no politicians in either political party that have the nads to do it.....

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Wolfram,,,,you are so right,,,,what the states don't realize is the money sent to DC, could be kept within the states, and with potentially less bureaucratic BS, would go a lot farther as they have more money,,,,It would also make the local governments become frugal and spend their money wisely,,,,as there is now no sugar daddy to beg money from,,,,interesting times ahead.....

15. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Utah is also looking into it. Montana, Utah, Texas, and Alaska are the four I've heard of. If Curt is right about Oklamoma, then that's five. It will be a tough fight.

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ive got to move from this state.( Kalifornia) All we have is a bunch of losers and fagots running this state.

17. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

It only affects guns made and sold in that state- intrastate commerce. While it sounds good and I'm all for it, as a practical matter it won't mean much.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Milk, true. but the more important thing here is that a successful affirmation of state's rights will put a whole new structure of government in our country. Plus the leader will be alot closer to home and more accessible.

Being from Wisconsin, I don't have much hope for this Liberal sewer unless we are fortunate enough to have an earthquake knock off the south 1/3.

But I applaud what's going on in the states that are working on it.

HM

19. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Milkbone,

Read my earlier post on this thread. IT means a whole lot more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.