1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone reloaded estates with dr ssl wads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ral, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ral

Ral TS Member

am wondering if anyone has used the down range xxl wads to load 1 0z estates. I don't seem to be able to get a good seal with 12so wads.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The XXL is intended for 7/8 oz loads as I recall. The only hope for you is that they will maybe take more shot in the straight wall hulls (Estates). Borrow some and give it a try but I have no experience for you.....Bob Dodd ÅHHH I see there is an XXL, orange, intended for 1 oz. Forgive my ignoramosity.....BD

3. dhip

dhip Active Member

I can't find any data for estates on alliant for green dot,Right now in rems I'm using 18.1gr,tgt12 wads,also have loaded universals winchester with same

4. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

The (orange) XXLs do a great job for me in the Estate/TopGun hulls using 1 oz. Promo is my choice of powders, or ClayDot - enough to get ~1200fps. The MEC makes better looking crimps on TopGuns. I really like this recipe a lot, soft shooting, good performance and the hulls are free.

K

5. maka

maka Member

I normally load Rem. hulls w/17.5 grs Promo, DR-XL-1 (green), and Win. or Fed. primers. Lately a friend has been giving me his Fed. Top Guns. He only shoots new and discards. Any way I have been using the same above listed compoments in them. They just crush targets. Only load once and junk them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.