1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Reload Kemens?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Eh ... only about a cotton trailer or two of them.

They are 'MiscEuroTrash' and are a hidden secret from most.

Use F209A, CCI-Manglum, Wolf or Rio primers, FGM load data and Federal (clone) wads.

A smooth cone crimp starter is handy (as opposed to getting a 6pt, then changing back to 8) and you'll leave it on even for 8pt crimps.

The only Misc straight-wall hulls that are quirky abt loading are the Win Universals, the B&P 'Gordon system,' Wally-world Federal T&F with the paper basewad, and some folks like to avoid Rio because of softer primer fits with some brands.

You can load them several times, too. They don't have to be one-and-done.

Shooting Coach will be here shortly and fill in what holes I missed.

Bob

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

They are good for about 4 loads. I use the Rio primer, but they do not have oversized primer pockets.

I have several barrels of OF empties, and load them as Cheddite or Federal Gold Medal.

Use a bulky powder such as Red Dot, Solo 1000, Clays, etc.

Wads made for Riefenhauser hulls such as 12S0 and clone, 12S3 and clone, etc. work best.

I have had spectacular results with 25.5 gr Unique, Windjammer wad, and 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 for a devastating, yet mild Caps load. Gets to the target VERY quickly, yet is mild on the shoulder and has pressures in the 8000 PSI range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.