1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Reload Fiocchi Papers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I have about 1350 HC, highbase hulls. PM me if you are interested and make me an offer.

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Hey rev,

Sorry to hear about your reloading problems. Maybe better equipment or a little more experience will fix those. :)

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

NHSC,

Those papers are definitly one and outs at best. I reloaded some RIO papers (same hull) with Rio primers, International clays, Versalite wad, and 1 1/8 oz of shot. They started comeing apart really bad after the first reload. I didn't tempt fate again because of the seperate basewad and cheap hulls are just that, cheap. I won't reload anymore of them.

BTW, these were loaded on my 266 so I know it wasn't due to equipment or my abilities.

ss

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Garbage in garbage out. HMB

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Most I've seen shot in cold weather have the ends ripped off....the hull tears easier than the crimp opens.

tony

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Not worth messing with.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Don't bother shipping them anywhere. Burn the paper and send the rest to the dump. Not worth bothering with and certainly not worth the postage.

8. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I agree. One reload only. They split.

9. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Sold. I guess there is somebody for everything.

10. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

[​IMG]

Here are 4 of 8 hulls I shot today, the 30th, at my club. They are brand new factory Fiocchi Paper HDCP 7 1/2's. I bought a flat last week and got them on Tuesday the 26th. I have shot plastic Fiocchi's before without problems and I've never reloaded any of them. These papers were fired in my MX-15 Perazzi unsingle with all Wilkinson work. All 8 had to be pried from the chamber as the extractor wouldn't even budge them. In my opinion these shells, as you see their resulting "split" the entire length of the tube, pose a potential hazard and I'm not going to shoot the other 9 boxes. I'd rather dismantle every one of them and see about using what I can in my Nitro 27 hulls, probably the shot only. I'd say that one third of a box is a rather high percentage to have wind up like this, right?

shotgunr47-Jeff Jolley

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Jeff, Iwish you luck in reloading them! lol

12. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Jeff - Maybe your chambers are oversized. Paper does not stretch very well. You would have no problems with plastic hulls - maybe. Did Wilkinson mess with your chambers???

13. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I shoot a BT 99+ and did not have this happen in over 1000 hulls. I also would suggest you have your chambers mic'ed.

14. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

Marlon and NHSC: The chamber is fine. Tom did nothing to my chamber. I shot a few more of these shells in my O/U that goes with my combo and these barrels and chambers have never been touched yet these shells did the same thing.- Now, to give credit to the Fiocchi guys, I talked with one of the customer support guys who contacted me and he said as far as he knew they weren't loading those paper hulls anymore. He also told me that there was a "flaw" of some sort in those paper hulls. He told me to do whatever I wanted with them and he would be sending me a flat of White Rhino's at no charge and he apologized for the trouble with the ammo I had. I said I honestly didn't expect anything for just reporting to them of what had happened and maybe they could warn anyone who bought them but he insisted he would be sending me a flat of new shells. So, I think it was great for them to contact me so quickly and insist I receive a new flat of shells. I sure didn't expect such service. Thanks for your suggestions. It's good to know someone will always help on this site.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reloading fiocchi paper hulls