1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone reload Clever Mirage T2 hulls?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by medic23, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medic23

medic23 Member

I just bought a couple of flats of these in 24 grams to shoot bunker with and I was wondering if anyone has tried to reload them? I am going to reload my STS hulls with a bunker recipe that was given to me from Mike (PerazziBigBore) but was curious if anyone has tried working with the Clever hulls?

Thanks,

Ben M.

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I have never loaded the bunker cases but the trap case were straight wall cases and load like a Federal. You have to watch the base wads, they did migrate. I loaded them once for travel cases and threw them away.

Ajax

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Sure.

They are a UEE (Miscellaneous Eurotrash) straight-wall, low-basewad hull and load using FGM-Plastic data.

The plastic is a little flimsy for more than a couple of loads w/o crimp issues.

Most people load them like Ajax: one-and-done.

Bob

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Use Cheddite data. I load them for bunker using the Helarco VP05 wad and use data supplied by Ballistic Products for the Rio hull. Load once and chuck...

Tom

5. medic23

medic23 Member

Sounds like they are not worth the hassle so I will use them once and then toss them and just stick to AA and STS hulls for reloading. Thanks to everyone's input on them.
    Ben M.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

After seeing numerous basewad migrations in these hulls, I will not try to reload them. I also do not use ammunition form Maxam (UEE) from the factory. Life is too short to load garbage hulls. I can provide photos, samples, and have had dialogue with the factory reps over this issue. They were not concerned and their response was rather underwhelming. They were sent samples of the failed hulls. It appears that the issue is still occurring, so I believe they have not taken any steps to correct the issue. Many people swear by these hulls and that is their prerogative. There are too many "free" hulls out there that have better hull integrity than these Eurotrash Hulls.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ben.. 20 grains of Promo with the CB4100 wad.. adjust crimp...3 reloads and pitch.. 1330 8600 psi Now.. The hulls I loade were either clear or blue.. I don't know exactly which hull you have now... So.. I'd stay with TBarber.. load once and pitch.. Despite they being trash hulls.. I've never had a problem with them.. Having said all this.. I load just about all Remington hulls now..

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If they are UEE and are cheddite hulls the base on bottom will have a multiable stars in a pattern around the bottom!!! If yes, use Cheddite data to load. Yes you will need a Euro primer and wad. Its too late to do this again any farther. Breake-m all. Jeff

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

Quackshot.... Really have you seen a migrating basewad in a Clever hull? I doubt that you have ever seen a Cleaver hull much less than one with a cocked basewad.

Most if not all the european hulls are made to the same dimensions and construction. They are made by different manufacturers although generally they are identical. They are made just like the new AA hull. Multi-pieced not compression formed like the old AA and the STS hulls. These hulls can be reloaded if you have the right components and know what you are doing. There have been some reports of basewads moving but I have never seen one and have loaded 50000+ of these over he last ten years. Now the new AA's have had reports of basewads actually leaving the shell and sticking in the barrel but have never seen or heard of a eurotrash hull do that. Load once and chuck is what I do for most of these.

Clever, Kemen, Rio, Eley, Fiochi, Hull, Nobel Sport, BP, Challenger, are all european hulls made the same way and are great bullets when new and can be reloaded.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

clever mirage reload data

clever shot case reload data
clever shotshell reloading data
el mirage shotgun shells hulls the same as jemm
primer used to reload mirage hulls

reloading clever mirage hulls

reloading mirage hulls
what type wad to reload clever mirage hulls