1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone referb a old style Perazzi case?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vatrap, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vatrap

vatrap Member

Has anybody on here tried to rehab one of the old style flat style Perazzi cases?
    Mine had the blue velour looking material over about 1/2" of foam, the foam completely fell apart, to just a bunch of yellowish powder. I have most of it out now and will finish removing it this weekend. I was thinking of just replacing it with a 1/2" of closed cell egg crate foam, but wondered if anyone else had already done it or had a better idea?

Mike

2. RoadKingPerazzi

RoadKingPerazzi Member

The egg foam was too think for mine. I used the white packing foam you can buy in rolls or sheets - less than 1/4" thick. You can double it on bottom or top. I used contact cement to glue the top piece. Didn't use cement on the bottom pieces.

3. grl

grl Member

Go to a fabric store, they will have foam in different thicknesses. They will also have a spray adhesive for use with the foam. Then cover with the fabric of your choice.

4. fivestraight

fivestraight Member

I have used carpet pad. Works great.

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Car roofliner is a foam base fabric that is similar to what was in there. Any good sized fabric shop should have it.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The fabric store is the place to go, you can make it just as it is or better with the new interior ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I used the "egg crate"foam in the proper thickness and it worked out very well.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Joe--You did a dandy job on that case. I especially like the 60's style Paisley pattern.

9. jbshep

jbshep Member

I've redone several. I use a camper's mattress pad from Walmart. Get the blue one. It is closed cell foam and works great. Take out the oleo Gabriel and use as a pattern to cut the foam . Secure with contact cement. I have regaled the old fabric over the foam, but it looks great without the Perazzi fabric if you get the blue flab. Less than ten bucks. Good luck Brad

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Somewhere in San Francisco there's a VW Microbus running around without it's seat covers. {:eek:)
    Nice job, really.

What kind of adhesive did you use to attach the cloth?

11. jbshep

jbshep Member

I've redone several. I use a camper's mattress pad from Walmart. Get the blue one. It is closed cell foam and works great. Take out the oleo Gabriel and use as a pattern to cut the foam . Secure with contact cement. I have regaled the old fabric over the foam, but it looks great without the Perazzi fabric if you get the blue flab. Less than ten bucks. Good luck Brad

12. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

here is my project

it looks as bad under each section !

ernie

[​IMG]

13. grl

grl Member

I build cases. A I said before, a good sized fabric store will have everything you need, and you can go as wild or mild as you like. Redoing a plastic case should be a piece of cake. Just remember to use an adhesive designed for use with foam. Some will dissolve it.

Guy

14. grl

grl Member

I build cases. A I said before, a good sized fabric store will have everything you need, and you can go as wild or mild as you like. Redoing a plastic case should be a piece of cake. Just remember to use an adhesive designed for use with foam. Some will dissolve it.

Guy

15. vatrap

vatrap Member

[​IMG]

I used closed cell foam in the top and covered the foam and the bottom compartments with some indoor/outdoor carpet that I had left over from another project.
    Turned out better than I expected.
    Next up is an old John Hall case that needs a rebuild.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.