1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Recognize this DT10?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by esetter, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Anyone recognize this picture of a DT10. Person is selling this gun at a too good to be true price I believe and they have sent me a number of photos. If you have seen this on another site I would appreciate knowing about it. Thanks for the help.

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view&current=DT10.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No, GunsAmerica

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Are they on this site also?

4. IcySwan1

IcySwan1 TS Member

0   0   0

Are there problems with buying guns from Gunbroker and GunsAmerica? If so, what are they? Thanks.

Mike

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Did the seller give you a name/phone number? How many transactions does he have? Might be worth using a CC for the payment? If he won't give you phone number or name, I would be verrrryyyy careful.

6. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

$1500 and they sent about 15 pictures. I even ask for a picture of the serial number which usually stops them but they had that picture too. They haven't given me a phone number yet.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Here is a paste of what I wrote to esetter on a PM

Ok. Now I read the whole deal. And yes, this is the typical Female scam that I have seen before on GA. Nothing to this other than to leave it alone. You can warn the guys on TS to avoid it, but this is a typical scam whereby this Joanna lady has lifted the pics and offers the gun on GA (usually GA) and hopes for a quick hit. I have tried to get someone at GA to be concerned about these things and they say they cannot till an actual sale is made, money transferred and seller lost. Then they (GA) says “Tell it to the coppers”

I’ve seen this exact scam on GA a half dozen times. And it is always a Sporting clays gun. I think they must be the most gullible.

Too, did you note that she has a Canada e-address? You cannot transfer guns back and forth across the border with out an act of Obama

Jack Swanson

Monday-Friday day phone 800-344-4840

Cell 715-441-2384

Message Centers for both numbers

begin at 5 to 6 rings.

8. copper

copper Member

0   0   0

I always do reverse look up phone number, if worried ask for more verification FFL to FFL only if concerned . and talk to there FFL look up to see that the FFL licence is current, They are not going to lie if lagit. I would not buy out of country gun

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I had a scam issue with a person ( name will be offered on PM if you want it) but his handle on gunbroker was Big Bore Shooter. He was from Texas

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I guess I've been lucky. I've bought numerous rifles and one XP-100R KS from sellers on GunsAmerica and every one has arrived exactly as advertised. But I have to admit that I've paid at or near fair market value for all of them. Perhaps the old "too good to be true" adage applies here.

Ed

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

0   0   0

I just pursued this DT10 about 3 weeks ago. It was a scam and she dropped the effort to sell when I pushed back a little. The phone # was about 1 hour from me and when I offered to show up, pay cash and pick up the gun...she disappeared.

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.