1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone recognize these chokes?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mr.mark, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

<a href="http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s312/numberonemrmark/?action=view&current=DCP_1511.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

These choke tubes came with a used gun I bought and are not marked anywhere except for the number you can see in the picture. They are interchangeable with beretta mobile chokes and seem to pattern quite well.

If anybody recognizes these chokes and could tell me who made them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Mr. Mark

2. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Sort of look like old Ballistic Specialties chokes.

Angleport.com

3. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Most likely Hastings Chokes

Jere

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

hastings

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Hastings, 20 and 28 points of choke. Mod and between IMOD and LF. Multiply the numbers time 4 to get the decimal constriction.

GREAT CHOKES FOR DUBS.

6. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Thanks for the info.

I have been using them for doubles, 5 on the first shot and it crushes the first bird, the other choke gives me smoke on the second bird about 8 out of 10 times when I'm in the middle and shoot em fast enough!

Speaking of multiplying the numbers by 4, I also have one more and the number is 12, it measures .038 constriction where as the other two are .014 and .028, the one marked 12 gives a really hot core when patterned but leaves a little to be desired on the fringe, the one marked 7 gives a really nice pattern and I have been using it for sinles, and handicap. I have shot it all the way back to the 27 and get some really nice breaks with it.

Thanks again,

Mr. Mark

7. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

The chart that came with my Hastings chokes showed that they are based on Beretta's Mobil-Choke system, and Beretta Mobil-choked barrels have a nominal bore diameter of .730. You multiply the number on the choke by 4 and subract that number in thousandths from .730. To be sure on YOUR gun, take it to someone with a bore gauge and have it measured. My Beretta has a bore diameter of .728, so for skeet I use two #2 chokes which give me .006 constriction each. For 16-yard I use a #7 which gives .026 constriction in my gun, and a #9 for the 24 yard line (.034 constriction). ....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.