Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone received an ordered ButlerXX12 yet?

27K views 124 replies 41 participants last post by  grntitan 
#1 ·
Just wondering if the Bulter XX 12's have started to ship yet. Anybody got one yet?
I sure like the design and would like to try one. With the shoulder problems I have and more discs in my neck giving me trouble, the idea of very little felt recoil would be nice. It looks as if it could truly be a one gun for all three clay target games. Larry

#77 ·
Boy! You guy's keep chirping about something none of you seem to be invested. The fact Butler rep's are attending shoots should tell you something, they're not shrinking and hiding out somewhere, they have their chins stuck out at a number of major shoots promoting and telling their story. The old saying "You can't rush quality craftsmanship" obviously applies here.

My friend George ordered a new A-10 American when first introduced by Connecticut Shotgun. This gun was offered at a special introductory price which required a deposit, I think half or more of the purchase price.

George was quoted a six or seven month delivery time which came and went by almost twice before his gun was delivered. George got bunchy a few times calling the plant for a delivery date and was told they were working hard to get orders out the door.

George threatended to cancel his order and have his money returned and was told they hoped he wouldn't but would cancel and return his money if this was his wish. George let his order stand and eventually received his gun which is a thing of beauty and you can't pry it out of his hands.

All good things are worth waiting for................

Surfer

#78 ·
I have shot the last two handicaps with a Butler rep. They are aware of this thread , I mentioned delivery dates and all I can tell you they will be out soon. I will not push him for a answer as I'm here to enjoy myself.

As Surfer explained, and I believe he's right, sometime things just take longer to be sure the product is perfect when it's received by the public.

Tom

#79 ·
I would rather be late getting a product out than getting it out and having problems with it. If the gun is as good as it looks like its going to be the late delivery time will soon be forgotten. When I started this thread I wasn't stirring the pot, I'm truly interested in this gun. I have some bad things going on with my neck that may put the stop to my shooting somewhere down the road. If this gun is as good at reducing recoil as some have said, it would be a big plus for old broke down farts like me. I know there are plenty out there in the same condition as me. I wish they planned on being at The World Skeet Shoot in San Antonio. Just too much work to make Sparta. Larry

#80 ·
I find it amusing the biggest squealer doesn't even have a penny on the line. I talked to the Butler people myself and was quite impressed with what they had to say. I suppose that makes too much sense though.

The gun itself is very impressive from top to bottom. Its all standard(SAE) with (1) 9/16ths nut holding the barrel on. The gas ports are huge which allows for even the lightest 7/8's oz loads and the thing disassembles quickly and easily. It is designed to be run dry i.e. no grease or oil. Most impressive is how balanced and actually light it feels despite it's 8+ pound weight. I'm gonna test drive one tomorrow.
Wood Table Shelf Furniture Room

Hunting decoy Bird Wood Duck Shelf

#81 ·
Yukon,
For a guy who claimed to have spent 40K on trap guns the last couple of years, risking 10% of your gun expenditures should be a drop in the bucket and shouldn't be worth mentioning, you probably lost this much or more buying and trading guns. Even worse you haven't spent a dime only your phantom friend who who supposedly put up a deposit first you said $7500 now its $3500 but we never hear from him, Hmmmmmmmmm!

It's not strange at all for finished products to be stopped on the production floor or at the shipping dock when someone found a glitch and recalled the whole shipment back into the plant for corrective rework.

Phil. There are only two kinds of people, honest and good, dishonest and bad, its never going to change. When you do business you can't have your eyes wide shut.

Surfer

#82 ·
Yukon,
Here's my rub, good intentions pave the pathway to Hell. Most all of us have good intentions.

I don't believe Butler has anything but good intentions and had formulated a step by step plan to roll out their new gun, but here's the problem, I've said this before, when you manufacture you're going to incounter problems, its the nature of the beast, there is no way around it.

Replicating prototypes into a production sequence can be more of a challange than originally realized and can push back target dates causing a reset of the whole process; although you may not think so it happens all the time.

When you're a new kid on the block you have one chance to win positive opinions with a new product which in turn equates to sales and customer loyalty this is the payoff for your hard earned investment, so you better get your new product perfect going out the door even if you have to delay delivery.

If you stub your toe, people who have no sense of what it takes to create and bring a product to market can't wait to crucify the product the compnay and everyone involve which in may prevent a revolutionary product from reaching the consumer.

I have always found it odd how a die hard Chevy or Ford, you name the brand will forgive the company and buy the brand over and over when they have reoccurring product failures and recalls. Often times these recalls are for items they've been manufacturing for fifty or sixty years. But these same people have no compunction dumping on some new guy who brings quality and innovation to the marketplace.

What we're talking about here is entrepeneurship, the liveblood of our nations workforce, we all should be pulling hard for Butler and their new product not pushing them down.

My advice to you Jack, shoot a Butler, if you like it hand them the money and stand in line and be excited about your new purchase, its called being part of the solution and supporting U.S. manufacturing. What a concept...............

P.S. If your at Sparta let me know what you think about this new innovated product.

Surfer

#84 ·
I have been follwing the comments on this thread since the beginning and its time to comment. I know Jason Lee the Butler rep pretty well, since he started shooting trap in fact and he is a friend of mine. His family here in Kalispell has a long history of owning and operating a big game and fishing outfitter business in the Flathead National Forest, where I worked for over 33 years. He is as honest as the day is long and what he is representing and saying about the Butler auto is the truth and you can depend on it. I also know the head of the assembly production plant and some of the employees and they are all working as hard and long as possible here at their factory in the Flathead Valley to get the guns out. These folks are all Montanans and the salt of the earth, not some rip off fly by night jokers. All Americans interested in this gun can please just stop worrying about it, it will happen and may take some time, but they are not out to fool anyone or not deliver. I hope these comments can ease the concern about the time delay. I have shot the gun and the recoil is actually no more then about a .223 caliber rifle. It shot flawless for me and I have seen the local rep and production manager shoot it hundreds if not thousands of time at out local club in practice and tournaments without trouble. These 2 guns are prototypes and both Ciarian and Jesse have been shooting them to show shooters what they can do and also test them for any flaws, etc. Just be patience, they are for real.

Rod Hickle
Kalispell, Montana

#85 ·
Well! Crap Jack if you have the bsckground you claim then you should know what it takes to roll out a new product. By your own admission you rolled out products prematurely and they came back and bit you learning hard lessions along the way. These lessions are called experience something you can gain one of two ways, by listening to others who have been down the road or by experiencing first hand. I wonder how many people jumped online and bad mouthed and cast doubt at your early attempts at manufacturing and your ensuing missteps, not many I think.

I'm sure you're a good guy and it seems you've become sucessful if money is the mark of success. As I mentioned before, why don't you take some of that money out of your big bucket and buy a Butler and make them a friend in the process. Who knows, maybe you can help them with your manufacturing expertise now you have manufacturing experience. You should be helping not hindering fellow manufacturers; we need to get this country back to work. I bet someone helped you along the way.

You would be surprised what I know about manufacturing.........

Surfer

#86 ·
Jack, if you read all of your comments on this thread, you'll see you have been a real horse's ass, and I'm sure that I am not the only one who is curious why you put a cockleburr under your own saddleblanket?

What makes it more curious is that you don't have a dog in the fight - you were just stirring.

WTF?

Bob

#87 ·
Went to the FITASC event at the North Brook Sportsman's Club but the Butler folks weren't there yet. For Sporting Clays events, there are several days of practice as people roll into town. Wednesday night was the opening ceremony and banquet. Competition starts Thursday. I'll bet they are there now.

Had a good time watching shooters from Italy, Great Britain and Poland in their practice rounds. The flags lining the drive way were from all over the world. Shooters were there from each country represented by a flag. Quite an event with target presentations that varied widely. Fun time.

Will try to visit again if Holga will let me go.

#95 ·
I have introduced many new products to customers like Lowes,Home Depot and Sears. You miss a production date with these dudes and you are dead meat. The main reason Butler is so late introducing this product is probably piss poor project management....JMHO.....SMOKIT

#96 ·
I talked to a rep today and they have moved production to Salt Lake. Said it would be Mid November until they got production rolling. Introductory price is $9,500.00 for the first year ($12,500.00 MSRP) I asked about the $7,500.00 price in Trapshooters Mag. and he said that production costs had gone up (no kidding huh!?) Looks like a great gun!

#98 ·
Jack,
You should have jumped in before the price increase................ Oh! Well!

Butler's dealing the trials and tribulations getting manufacturing up and running. I guess Butler's the only manufacturer to fall behind scheduled release dates since the begining of time, what!

Smokit maybe you should give Butler a call and straighten them out on project management, you don't have a clue, get real..............

Surfer

#99 ·
OK Girls, I did not want this to be the proverbial pissing contest. I sincerely just want to find and chat with an honest to goodness purchaser of a production model Butler XX12. I am having a hard time believing no one has, or knows someone who has?

I got the email today they are going up, and I guess whatever work they put into initial evaluation of the SRP was way off. I don't know any details of the company, but sure moving from Montana to Utah is not an easy task.

But certainly someone has received their gun by now? I shot a demo unit in May at the GWG in Reno. I have to say I was impressed with it, but having been burned more than once, apprehensive to jump in with my deposit. If it is taking this long (more than several months) to get the gun out, what are parts and service going to be like in 3 years...5 years...10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.