1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Anyone received an ordered ButlerXX12 yet?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by high 2, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high 2

high 2 Member

Just wondering if the Bulter XX 12's have started to ship yet. Anybody got one yet?
    I sure like the design and would like to try one. With the shoulder problems I have and more discs in my neck giving me trouble, the idea of very little felt recoil would be nice. It looks as if it could truly be a one gun for all three clay target games. Larry
  2. Ruck

Ruck Active Member

Larry, are you coming to the Texas State Skeet Shoot this week?

Ken Rucker
  3. high 2

high 2 Member

Not coming Ken. Texas state shoot is closed to non resident shooters. They don't want us outsiders taking all the cash ;)
  4. Ruck

Ruck Active Member

I didn't know that! Guess you ought to take up trap, we are not that way!!
    Ken
  5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Gee! I can't believe how naive some of you are, it's not unusual at all to "front " the money for all types of products from custom houses, boats, jewelry, specialty cars, custom guns and whole host of other products, which none are off the shelf products.

At this point and time, Butler is a custom product built one at a time for a discerning clientele as are Connecticut Arms and other low production high quality producers. Butler Arms may morph into a production gun at some point, but for the present they are building to order, which means you pay for a slot in their production schedule and stand in line. Tire kickers and promises doesn't pay overhead, only cash meets this need, get real................

Surfer
  6. high 2

high 2 Member

Don't get your panties in a wad. I just wondered how production was coming. Believe it or not I do know a little about how the manufacturing process works. I am interested in one of them, but will wait out the lag in production and any design issues that may come up. Larry
  7. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Wasn't busting you high2.

Surfer
  8. high 2

high 2 Member

My apologies Sir. Larry
  9. Didreckson

Didreckson Member

At this point, has ANYONE ordered and received their Butler XX12? If so, how is it holding up for you? What if anything are you doing for a shell catcher?

I shot one and loved it, recoil was like a Daisy Red Rider, crushed targets. But I am not able to get an answer on a shell catcher...and yes, they are normally a 3rd party add-on, but in this case at the price point and newness, I think the mfg will either develop one or it will not happen. I don't see this being a high production model, so what add-on mfg is going to have interest in making a couple a hundred if that for those who reload quality shells?
  10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Active Member

Your buddy may ask for his money back, but my guess is that his money is long gone, and right now they don't have the money to make the guns that
    have already been ordered. As delivery lags, fewer people are inclined to put up that depostit, and the hole get's deeper. I've seen it happen a hundred times. What typically happens: either an influx of capital from someone, who will then take a big chunk - if not all- of the company; or a Chapter 11 or 7, and someone will buy the company and start all over. I'm just speculating, of course, and I hope I'm wrong.
  11. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Active Member

Check out the new pictures at the web site address above. Click on one to expand.
  12. ric3677

ric3677 Active Member

That one pic is the Kalispell club in the winter/spring.

they make a nice looking gun.

Rick in MT
  13. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

i sure hope there as good as they say my mate will shoot one at the grand and if they recoil like they say we will pay upfront and wait cos it will take longer to licence it here in ozz than it will to build it and wait for it there in the us, u dont know just how good your laws are there in the states!!!
    jonnyd.
  14. Shooter R

Shooter R TS Member

Mr Didreckson, by looking at the pictures I would bet what apears to be an ejection port on the side of the reciever is actually where you load the shells. The under barrel design would appear, at least, to be bottom ejection. A shell catcher might be a little tricky unless it is a net or something.
  15. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Active Member

RE: ejection port

2 shot, quick and convenient side loading.

Bottom ejection prevents flying hulls and in the face brunt-powder blow-back and alleviates distraction to adjacent shooters.
  16. Didreckson

Didreckson Member

Shooter R, that is correct. Nothing slides like an 1100 or 390 series, you simply "palm" 1 or 2 shells in. First shell it kind of "grabs and eats"
    down into line with the barrel, if you load a 2nd shell it just sits, but does not fall out. Jason demonstrated that completely.

It is bottom eject...ala the infamous UGB25 I believe it was. I don't know what it will take for a shell catcher, but was told one was in the works, but I have been unable to get an update on it recently. I truly enjoy reloading, and believe my reloads are superior to current toss ammo...thus without a shell catcher this gun loses a lot of luster with me.

I suppose I could drag a 5 gallon bucket with me, but besides being a PIA, I suspect my club members might offer their sage advice on that technique.

I was ready to pull the pin on this gun, there is a lot to like about it. But I am in wait and see mode until further notice.
  17. Dave P

Dave P Active Member

I guess I don't get on here enough. When did the Butler come to light?
  18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

One of our North Carolina shooters spent some time with a Butler.

Mash on the link above...

FRedmon

19. Idahobill

Idahobill Member

Could someone post how much this shotgun is going to cost the web site has no prices. In all the posts no one has mentioned the price or is it if you have to know the price you cannot afford it. Bill
  20. dave-320c

dave-320c Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.