1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone on TS received a bad check on FS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Taxidermy, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I have sold and purchased on TS for several years and not any problems on buying or selling, now evertime I look someone is bitching about payment, can anyone tell me if they have received fake checks, cashier checks or money orders that is on a deal on TS. thanks Ronnie I have been a FFL holder starting in 1985 and have not received any on a sale of a firearm.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The only bad check I've ever rec'd in my life was one written on a closed account that the sender sent by mistake, and made right on when the mistake was brought to his attention.

That being said, your next one could very well be your first one.

If I can put an email address or phone number to a sign-on name of someone here, with a decent track record, stuff gets shipped when pmt arrives, whether its a check, money order, w/e. If I can't, it gets held until it clears my bank, whether its a check, money order, w/e. It also depends on my level of risk/exposure, on low $ items, I'll usually risk it and send it when pmt arrives, regardless of the sender, but I'm not in a position to afford to eat a substantial loss.

3. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

Never, I buy and sell here all the time.

4. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

It's unreal out of all that has sold on TS no one has had bad checks, MO, cashier check that a counterfit. Thanks Ronnie

5. Janet

Janet TS Member

Never had a problem. It was the same way when I was vending all over the country and taking checks from every state- only one bad check in 11 years -
    None on this site. Shooters are an honest bunch.....

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

The only problems I have had is that I sent to goods to the address on the check and the guy had moved out of state. Only by luck I was able to retrieve the good and send them to the buyer.

Did get scammed by someone else but thats another matter.

Tom

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've never sold anything here, so no.

I did have a payment I sent to Terry Jordan (Wall Chart Dry Firing Systems) go missing. He sent my my wall chart anyway, and I fired off another payment to him pronto. Five months later the Canadian post office delivered my original money order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.