1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone On Here Shoot at Stockdale's in Ackley, IA?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Hello, I am planning on shooting some registered shoots this summer and according to the ATA website, Stockdale's Gun Club in Ackley is the closest club that has registered shoots. My question is, the website lists their league shooting, but only one of their normal registerd shoots, could someone tell me any dates of upcoming (non league) shoots? Thanks, any help is appreciated, Josh.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jolly, I don't have all of Dale's shoots in front of me, but I'm sure there is an ATA shoot this coming Sunday, June 15th.

Great place to shoot!

I plan on going if it isn't raining cats and dogs......

Hauxfan!

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Josh, Go to his web site and you should have any information you need. Hope you enjoy it there and shoot well. Bob

4. Sonny

Sonny Member

Josh They will be shooting saturday and Sunday.100 16's 100handi 100doubles event start at 11am

5. Flyboyerv

Flyboyerv TS Member

I'm planning on attending this weekend on my way home from Ames to Milwaukee. Does anyone know if they are having any flooding trouble in Ackley?

6. Hauxfan

Flyboy, There shouldn't be any flooding at this club that I am aware of.

Hauxfan!

7. jmas

jmas TS Member

Here is his web site

jmas

8. Flyboyerv

Flyboyerv TS Member

Glad to hear there won't be any flooding. Really looking forward to shooting. Hopefully there aren't any storms on Sun. We could all us a few days of dry weather.

9. Hauxfan

Not so sure about the weather though.

If we do get rain, hopefully we can shoot around it.

Hauxfan!

10. Flyboyerv

Flyboyerv TS Member

I would love to see you dodge the rain drops while shooting. I have a hard enough time concetrating on the targets. I don't need to think about dodging rain drops too!!!

Hope to see you all there on Sunday!! I'll be the one with Wisconsin liscense plates.

11. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Thanks everyone, don't think I'll be able to make it to the shoot as soon as this weekend; have a shotmaker on the way and plan on getting it with the cooling system set up this weekend. That is why I asked about more future shoots because all I saw on Stockdale's website was the 2 shoots other than their weekly league. I saw the disaster relief shoot (this weekend) and then the one in July the 12th and 13th, I'll probably be able to make it to that shoot. If I read correctly, you shoot either on Saturday OR Sunday. Thanks, Josh.

12. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

Dale would be happy to have you shoot both days. D Winter

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

How many traps does Dale have now, I tried googleearth and it's too fuzzy

14. Hauxfan

Dale has at least 8 traps and I think he is putting in more for the Satellite Grand he is having this fall.

Hauxfan!

15. Sonny

Sonny Member

Dale has 10 traps currently.He is planning on another 3-4 traps for the heartland grand

16. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I've been there three times before and always thought he had plenty of room to put in another 4 or 5 traps. Plan on shooting there next weekend for the Iowa games satellite shoot. Thanks, Josh.

17. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I don't know if Sawyer is shooting yet or not, he doesn't ever seem to make any plans too early...I've been shooting pretty good, been having a couple of problems, but that's inevitable...only shot 3 25's so far this year, been moving the comb around on my gun to get it to "feel" right. Don't know if you've seen any of our other threads, but we bought a shotmaker and have 350 lbs. of ingots waiting to go onto it, just waiting for it to get here so we can start. Hope to see you there on the 21st. Josh

18. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Thought I would bring this one back to the top. There is a registered shoot this weekend at Stockdale's, and I was looking at the flyer on their website. I am a little confused, what do they mean when they say "second chance singles"? Maybe if you look at the a <href="http://www.stockdalegunclub.com/2008%20July%20Shoot.htm">shoot program</a> someone could tell me what it means. Thanks, Josh.

19. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

We only plan on being there Saturday, I have to work Sunday, how about you? I'm shooting and Sawyer is just selling shot. He has a thing againts giving the ATA and the ISTA the $4...Is the whole program in that case only $75? Thanks, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.