1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone on here live in northern Nevada

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BDodd, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

There are some folks in the Gardnerville/Carson City/Reno areas, is that your target?......Bob Dodd

2. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

atajohn,

I don't live year around in Northern NV, but do have a home in Reno we go to on a regular basis. It is a booming area, even in the face of current economic situations.

Gardnerville/Minden area is popular with folks retiring. Carson City is kind of neat, and the state capital. I am fond of the trap club in Carson City, but generally shoot at Sage Hills since my home is way on the south end of Reno in an area called Southwest Vista. That development and Arrow Creek take up most of the southwest end, and Sage Hills is just down and across 395 on the southeast end of things.

There is a new 395 going in to connect Reno to Carson City better, and of course South Lake Tahoe as well.

It is very scenic, clear air, no state income tax, no waiting period on long guns. Of course, any given weekend, there could be 800,000 to a million of your closest friends in town for a special event (Hot August Nights for example). I have learned to pace myself.

We will be going up next weekend, so if there is anything specific I can help you with, drop me an email dropping the x's at the end.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You're thinking is sound John. We frequent Carson City to visit a daughter and 2 grandkids and I have friends in Gardnerville. There's quite a bit of shooting opportunities in the area including Trap, some skeet, and sporting is quite popular. I'd head that way my own self if there weren't too many ties here in Orygun....Bob Dodd

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

AtaJohn, Elko and Lemoille area is nice area. Give Jim Meeks who is Pres of State Assn. a call or Mike Gallaher who owns Gallagher Ford in Elko a call. Mike is a shooter also. State shoot s normally in Elko but this year will be in Reno. Jim's number is 775-738-5156 or email Jim3827@msn.com. Mike's number is 775-738-3147. These guys are long time residents of Elko area and well respected. They will give you the info you need and some ideas if you want.

Good Shootin!

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Northern NV has many opportunities for outdoor types. You would find Lamoille to be a nice escape from reality, the view of the Rubys is awsome from there. There are many other little nowhere type towns that you might be interested in as well.

What you need to keep in mind is there is a reason for the low population density that we enjoy so much here in northern NV. You need to be comfortable with the big open spaces and the high desert climate and also lack of big city services and you need to have a way to make a living or have it in the bank before you come.

PM me if you want to talk more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.