1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone notice....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

4 years ago Romney wasn't getting traction due to his being Mormon. That was going to be such a BAD thing. Many republicans refused to vote for a Mormon, yet are curiously quiet this time around.

Now many are jumping on Perry to denounce a preacher for calling Mormonism a cult. (just to be clear, I don't care now, nor did I care then)

I am just curious as it seems like Romney is being shoved down our throats like he is the new messiah. What, and more importantly, why the big change in establishment "republicans" attitude?

Why are the establishment republicans pushing Romney so hard??? Something is just not making sense right now. We haven't even had ONE primary and Romney is being coronated and 70% of republicans are not FOR him....

Little fishy???

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"Why are the establishment republicans pushing Romney so hard???"

Because to many only want "incumbents" returned to DC!!

They are too afraid of trying someone different other then a career politician.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Perry did the right thing by refusing to say anything about the comments made by the Dallas Minister. That is the Ministers right to declare the tenants of his religion, it is not allowable for the government to set up the rules for the churches belif system. Why would we even want a presidential candidate who would trample on freedom of speech to make himself look good?

Romney's religion is NOT biblical christianity, it is similar in some ways to christianity, but it is guided by the book of mormon as brought through a joseph smith who claimed to have recieved it through a divine revelation. This being the case, a minister of biblical Christianity is correct in calling it a cult, as a cult is any religion that teaches things different from his foundational beliefs.

The interest in Romney is that he is an east coast politician that hoped on the obamacare band wagon. The left does not seem to mind him, so we should be concerned about that.

Rick Perry is far from a black and white conservative, but he leans a lot more to the conservative side than to the other side. When I lived in Texas, I thought Rick Perry did a pretty good job, even though I did not agree with every decision.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The RINO element wants Romney. No one else does.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Many, many, many of the Republicans are happy with a status quo scenerio for 2012.

It's time the taxpaying voters vote for some new blood for Washington and throw out the trash that's there now.

Romney has been a politician since birth and will be a do nothing as a president. If nominated, we can look forward to another 4 years of Obama and his band of crooks and loonies.

Curt

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Why is it that anything seemingly different from Christianity (and Moslem) considered a cult?? Are not all cults? Is Hinduism a cult? Just sayin.....

7. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

A cult, it seems, is any religious beliefs different from your own.

It's the kind of thinking that has kept people killing each other since the dawn of mankind.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Can't believe that we were super concerned about a Mormon in 2008 so instead the anal cranial inversion crowd elected a Muslim. There's a great example of horizontal logic for you.

Not sure why Romney should distance himself from the preacher...Obama didn't denounce Jeremiah Wright and it worked out ok for him.

Don't agree with any of this but....go figure??

(anal cranial inversion..noun....definition: head up ass)

9. bocephus

bocephus Member

The democrats will decide who will run against obama, just like they did in the last election..........

Remember they don't have a primary, they will register as R to vote in ours, romney is as close to obama as you can get

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

It's Romney's turn, just ask the old guard Republicans, the New York Times, Moveon.org, Washtingon Post, CNN, etc. etc. etc.

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Obama supporters want Romney to get the nod, why?, because they feel many conservatives will be upset and see Obamacare-Romneycare what's the difference? and stay home not voting. I hope they are wrong because no matter who it is we need Obama to leave office.

I really really like Perry but he is making too many mistakes, i like it but he's a little too rough around the edges for the majority.

I like Cain but his 9-9-9 will sink him, without that he could do it. That sales tax part of the 9-9-9 will cause all the non tax paying people to be against him. He could get elected without anything more than a low tax agenda on his strength of character and experience alone. Jobs are the hot topic as long as you don't expect the welfare momma's to work.

I'd vote for Newt in a minute but I'm afraid not enough would even though he is probably the best. I hope and pray I don't face another election booth where I have to chose the least worst candidate again.

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I believe that the only real question is, "Who can beat Obama?" Perhaps Romney is not the most conservative candidate the Republicans can nominate but if he can beat Obama, that is what we need to do first.

The most qualified and best prepared candidate in Gingrich but can he beat Obama? Want to take that chance?

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pres. Romney
    VP Gingrich

or

Pres. Romney
    VP Cain

or

Pres. Romney
    VP Perry

Since the number one objective is getting Barry out of the WH I'd go any direction I had to in order to make sure that happens. Above is probably the most likely senarios to that end.

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

If it means Newt could win with the Independents, yes.

The added plus would be watching the Left open their veins and the media reporting anything it can to get Newt removed, even including the doubling of their ususal made up crap.

The question the Independents have to ask themselves, is who is more likely to follow the Consitutuion, Newt or Barack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.