1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone not shoot a bt99 really good?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have read several post on here where people have told how good they shoot a bt99, some even use other guns but shoot the 99 better.. I have seen people do stuff like that so they can impress a bunch of people they dont even know..lol..
    So can everyone who tries a bt99 shoot well with them?

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

blkcloud, I shoot mine really well. Just don't hit much with it. But-----it shoots good.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I would say in the last twenty years I've see more BT-99s at trap clubs then any other SBT. Seems like lot of people are shooting them good. Wayne

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I would say that there is a small learning curve with any gun but there has yet to be a BT that I felt I could not shoot fairly well and easily at that.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I sold one of the high shooters that I bought new in 93 and shot it better than any gun since. Old age dictated to me a softer shooter is the only reason I still do not have it. I now shoot an auto

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Probably still the best buy out there if you can find an original in good condition. The last ones made don't seem to be in the same class, jmho. Glenn

7. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I never could shoot a BT99 very good. They are OK guns that are affordable
    but just don't cut it for me. Reason being they are to light and need to be weighted in the stock and forearm. My son likes them and shoots one very well also a citori. Post-2

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

BT-99 is one gun I can't shoot. I have to mount the gun with most of the butt pad above my shoulder just to get the comb close enough to my face that I can get into it. A lot like shooting an M-16. Very uncomfortable to shoot with the pointed butt pad in my shoulder pocket.

MK

9. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have never been able to shoot that gun well or even halfway decently however much I tried & that goes all the way back to 1971-72. The gun feels good & fits me just perfectly. And yet the best shooting guns for me are the TM1 & low rib LTX with the 1100 a distant third. I actually dislike the darn things,they have given me such fits.

10. Landshark

Landshark Member

I am a new BT99 shooter. I also shoot an 1100 Classic Trap. I shoot the 1100 CT pretty well at sporting and trap and I'm hoping to transition to the BT without a lot of problems. For me, the 1100 is going to be a hard act to follow.

I'm getting rid of the factory curved recoil pad and putting on a Kick-Ez pad and some weight in the stock. Hopefully with a barrel weight and stock weight I will be able to shoot the new BT as well as my 1100.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If their triggers were better there may never have been a Perazzi..

12. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Isn't it funny how gun fit determines the felt recoil of a gun. I have never experienced a significant amount of recoil from a BT99 yet I had a KX-5 about a year ago with a counter-coil on it and a release trigger that absolutely kicked the crap out of me.

13. johnx121

johnx121 TS Member

I am a brand new trap shooter 2 months now every sunday. And the Bt99 is my first gun. I have been told i shoot it well. consistent 21 thru 23. But that is the only gun i have ever used. considering going to a cynergy clasic combo.
    John

14. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Well,
    The first time I used a BT-99 I shot 21, 22 and then a 25 straight. ( Really 37 straight if you count the final 12 in the second round) and I am a D-Class Shooter. I was sold from there. My buddy figured it had to be the gun. Well I lent it to him the next time and he shot 10/25 with it. That was a 1979 model with a fixed IM barrel. For some crazy reason I sold it and bought a 2006 golden clays with it. I have only shot a 100 rounds through the GC and I have yet to break over 20 with it. I am sure I will work it out. I love the BT-99.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.