1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone need a gun club manager?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bcnu, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well folks out there in cyber land, today I find myself almost 49 years old and unemployed and unemployable in the 4 or 5 state area where I live now. Due to circumstances beyond my control I am now out of a job that I have been doing for the last 10 years with not a single other company doing the same thing in this part of the country.

I do however have 10 years of management skills, employee relations, retail customer relations, and some basic knowledge of the gun club goings ons. Have been helping run a small club for a couple of years now.

Looking for a club that is growing and looking for a shooter (albeit not a great one lol) to run the club, maintain it, and run the shoots and practice sessions. Basically a gun club manager. A club that is big enough to hold ATA shoots and pay a good manager a decent wage.

John

2. TC

TC TS Member

John, After reading all of your post's over the past years, I don't think you will have any trouble with employment. What field of work were you in? I have contacts in a number of areas in the midwest. Tony

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I don't have THAT good of a credit score lol.

Denny, replied, thank you.

John

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

TC, I doubt if you would believe me lol. I am a turkey farmer, been raising turkeys for the last 10 years now and the company that I was working for is the ONLY one doing it here. They have 28% of the entire turkey business in the WORLD locked up. When you all are eating your Thanksgiving and Christmas turkeys, chances are somewhere along the line I had something to do with it, or at least the company I worked for.

Had to supervise 20 to 30 Mexicans per day. And me no habla espaniol.

Might go back to the liquor business, used to sell it retail for 10 years, may go to the wholesale side this time. Don't know.

Anyway, thanks for the comment, take care and I will bcnu all somewhere along the line.

John

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

John,

Were you working for Perdue?

ec90t

6. TC

TC TS Member

John, I should have remembered that, you mentioned it before. My guess Tyson/ConAgra. Tony

7. trap55555

trap55555 TS Member

You might check with the NAshville GC they just lost a manager, I don't if he's been replace or not.

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Denny probably already told you to head to Minnesota, we have the turkeys (Jennie-O) and we have lots of Hispanics and Somalis for you to manage. Seriously, if Minnesota interests you, I'd contact Jennie-O or if you want to I'll contact them as their operation headquarters are in my hometown. Just need a little better idea of what you have been doing the last 10 years. Good luck on whatever you decide to do but feel free to cvontact me. richal@charter.netXXX

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I live in Strathroy,Ontario,Canada. The home of Cuddy Farms. Also the home of the Cuddy Family. Mr A.M. Cuddy has just passed. He has a son in US by the name of Bruce Cuddy. Think he lives in Carolina's. He and I went to school together. I have breakfast most Saturday mornings with the gentleman in charge of cuddy Farms,Doug Hill.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Used to work for Cuddy Farms years ago, they were bought by Ag Forte which is 80% owned by Wilmar, who also owns Con Agra lol. You can see the problem here.

Cuddy Farms is who I had to sue in the first place. No, I think that it is time for a change. I would like to work with someone who has to press one for English for a change.

I'll start looking around locally on Monday and see whats going on around here.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.