1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone make a "REAL" adjustable comb?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Anyone make a

Not rocket science here mind you... But if you read Phil Kiner in this months T and F, it makes me wonder who may have made and adjustable comb by just twirling a dial, rather than the common allen wrench trick. Ought to be big bucks in this idea for someone.

On the other hand, I am adopting the kiner approach for this year. When I learned to shoot hcp, I was mostly using a non-adj comb and was taught to "get-up-into-the-bird". That worked and likely I carry that over to this day. But I will do exactly has he suggests by setting my comb for a singles sight picture and then when I do shoot hcp, I will begin to add spacers and see what the result is.

But would it be easier to just twirl a dial? a click for every 16th of an inch?

Get my newly restocked BT back from Phil Simms today about noon. I'll set it up on my Jordan wall chart and then do a picture L/O for you to see.

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Anyone make a

Done.

A guy that shoots at Coon Creek in Lincoln, CA makes one. It's a push button adjustment to raise or lower. Very slick and beautifully engineered. I have seen it on two guns now. One belonged to the guy that invented it and another on a gun belonging to a prominent local bunker shooter.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Anyone make a

A push button powered motorized comb adjustment, one that could give me more Right Hand Cast than that is offered now.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Anyone make a

ffwildcat, Any chances of getting pictures and descriptions? Bill Malcolm

5. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Anyone make a

I will see if I can get pix this weekend.

6. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Anyone make a

While you're at it. Make the comb so it floats on springs. When you cheek the gun the springs compress and make up a micro switch which in turn energizes a magnet that otherwise prevents the trigger from being pulled. This would eliminate lifting ones head. The trigger could no be pulled.

7. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Anyone make a

make the micro switch also control the radar tracking system so if you do lift your head the target will still disapear in a puff of smoke motordoc

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Anyone make a

Just what a lot a guys need. Something to screw around with between lousy rounds.

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Anyone make a

MIA: Tom Larkin up in Minnesota had done several for me. He does a masterful job and I would recommend him to anyone.

Also Etchen (Beretta dealer on the East Coast) probably sells the best hardware aside from the Perazzi hardware. Unfortunately, the Perazzi hardware is about $200 - way, way too much.

I hear the Doug Braker up in MN does great work too. Give him a call.

BROOKS: You need some fiber in your diet. Do you EVER have anything good to say. God, it must me tough where you are.

Whiz

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Anyone make a

something like this maybe, but with nice wood?

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Anyone make a

Whiz. Interestingly, Doug Braker is doing 2 Adj combs for me right now to go on my MX3 project guns*. One of the guns forend iron and trigger metal is bieung blued now by you and the other doug is doing a teflon job on the bbl and a nickel job on the recvr and trigger guard. ONe of the stocks is pretty strate ad the other is a slightly cast off model. And too, he is refinishing some other stock work for my project TM1. All 3 of these guns will be fo rfamily members or perhaps one or two for sale. But all will be proud pieces fo rguys to own and shoot. My daughter is shooting my fave TMX and likes it even tho she won the "Hi-Lady" in the 89 Vandalia wit a 98, and using a 32" MX3. But she likes the TMX better.

And I will run into Tom Larkin this summer and ask him. Planning on shooting about 2500 S and 2500 Hcp this year. Perhaps some dubs, now that I have a set of bbls for one of my project MX3s and of course I have my St100. But I am reloctant to put in releases into th enicest ST100 I ahve ever seen. I['ll ahve a pic L/O on that gun as soon as I have a pad on that. Might get to it tomorrow, but I doubt it.

Tanks for the comment.

*Both of the guns have orig Perazzi BBls and chokes. They will be sharp. And yo know that the MX3 round mono, was Dan Bonillas fave gun fo rprob 10 years. Because of balance. I broke near a 90 dubs record with that set-up. Looking fwd to that again. Have pull and release set ups for the MX3s. Got to the 26 for the second time with a 34" MX3 old style. Balances like myBT99 and have a fast release for it. A Reitz. Watchiing for a Allem tho.

As yo can tell, I ahve fun taling oabout these guns. NOw if I just had some shells... Hah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.