1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone made a front drop system for their P-W

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have a P-W on the way. I need to make it drop shells off the front of my bench. Any of you made a system with pvc that can give me some ideas?

2. mono1393

mono1393 Member

PW sells a front drop system. It drops into a bucket at the front of the machine. Conatact PW for details. Good luck.

3. Trauma901

Trauma901 Member

It's my understanding after to talking to Whiz that PW no longer makes that option. Called him to ask about it. I'm about to try and fabricate something. Will let you know how it works out.

Doug

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I made a front drop system out of a piece of 2-inch steel exhaust tubing that a local exhaust shop put a couple of bends in for me. A couple of little tabs welded to it made it easy to mount to the loader base.

But I found it awkward to work with a bucket between me and the loader...really awkward (and I wasn't tickled about dropping loaded shells 3 feet onto a pile of other loaded shells between my feet). So I assembled a system that raises the original shell chute 3/4" and the loader 3/4" and catches the shells in a plastic tub (with a piece cut out of the side) that sits right behind the loader, has a capacity of 4 boxes of shells and can be moved around to the front when it needs to be emptied.

Morgan

5. Country Squire

Country Squire TS Member

riflegunbuilder, I made one out of electrical conduit (plastic). I ran it out the right side. My press is mounted on the right side of the bench.All I needed was one elbow. Mine is about 2 1/4 inside dia.,but if I were to do it again I would use 3"as sometimes I get a minor stoppage. The shells slide down into a plastic bucket. I let it stick up through the bench about an inch and cut a notch in the front that guided the shells into the pipe.Hope this helps. George.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Mine are mounted on a purpose built table with a hole in the back at the exit point of the presses - PVC pipe and couplings pressed/glued together give me three options - ONE - goes straight down into a box sitting on a milk crate under the table. TWO - pipes bring it forward to a bucket on the floor at your feet. THREE - pipes shunt them off to one side or the other, also into a bucket on the floor.

Mine is made of 4" PVC - 3" might be smarter...

A trip to the "$100 store" (Lowes/Home Depot) will yield a surprising number of options to glue together

7. rrose

rrose TS Member

What I did is to raise the press with 2 4x4 on each side on top of 2 2x4 peices layed flat for about a 6 inch raise. That way I have an open spot under the press between the peices of wood that I can keep boxes of primers and the shells fall out the back into a plastic tote that will hold about 300 shells. I like the shells ging to the back out of the way and the new primers are at hand. I clamed the flat 2x6 to the bench and attached the 4x4 to the 2x6 and attached the press to the 4x4 so I can move the press and no holes are in the bench.
    good luck with yours.

8. skeezix

skeezix Member

I made a chute out of a piece of 2-1/2" pvc that I cut in 1/2 lengthwise. It's mounted to a tapered piece of wood that I clamp onto the bench in front of the machine. Shells drop into the chute and then drop into a bucket. It took a couple hours to figure it out and about $4.00 worth of material to build.

jh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.