1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone like to shoot in the snow?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sammyd95, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

NO,but have shot some of my best scores in the snow and driving rain !(OHIO)

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

We call it Blizzard Trap. The wife and I love it. The shot string looks like a speed boat cutting a wake throuh the snow. HMB

3. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

It's an absolute thrill, can't feel your hands or feet, until they begin to hurt, can't see the birds, scores drop like the thermometer. Yet, I still do it!

4. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Want a real challenge try wobble in a snow storm.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

This thread is perverted. Snow is fine on post cards but not on the ground. I support global warming 100%. Last winter we had snow twice. The first storm gave us about 1 inch of snow and it lasted a day. The major storm last Winter dumped three inches on us and it stayed around for nearly three days. If this Winter is as bad, I will be forced to migrate South.

Pat Ireland

6. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

So, we have had more snow in the last 2 hours than Pat had last year. Just got a call, Winter League is cancelled today. Snow is so much fun......

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Pat, 1 inch of snow would be considered a heavy frost in Iowa......lol lol

Certainly not a storm......

Hauxfan!

8. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Pat,

Do you shoot Winter League? If so, what is considered Winter League in your neck of the woods? (65 degrees and cloudy?)

Ron

9. Jim75

Jim75 TS Member

We got our snow dump last night ,3 inches with wind.More snow and a good wind today. Silver Horseshoe League at Galt Sportsmen's Club this morning. Wind will be blowing, birds will be dancing, gonna be fun.Right now it's minus 4 on the Celsius scale here in Ontario maybe drop to minus 6 or 8 this afternoon or........ you can sit in front of the tv all day.
    Gotta live boys,
    Jim

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

The above photo was taken during our intramural trap/skeet league a few years ago. We are in Western NY.

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

I'm sure glad you guys down in the states enjoy snow. After 40 years up here in Alaska I'm a little sick of it. I'm with Pat on this one, let it warm up. We only have 1/2 inch on the ground so far this winter.

12. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I love to shoot in the snow....AND...I request white targets !!....Uncle Sam, Pa.

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Yes......Its great! But to REALLY enjoy it, you must do it in a state of total nudity!

14. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

here in southeast iowa we have had 2 ice storms in the last 14 days now we have about 4 in. of new snow. there are workers from all over the country helping restore power i have seen crews from the carolinas & wis. here in southeast iowa helping out.in kansas thurs i seen crews from florida. it goes without saying that we appreciate the help. dwain

15. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Shooting in snow is a normal thing here in Pennsylvania (Southeastern).

Some years back I shot in a league and at one of the shoots it was snowing very heavy, the shoot was not canceled. The club we were shooting at this weekend was throwing WHITE targets. Now, that was interesting, we often talk about it.

Frank

16. crackshot

crackshot Member

I shoot in the Ottawa Lake, Mi sportsmans club winter league. It's not too bad shooting in the snow ,if the wind is at your back. Wearing glasses can be an experience if they ice up.

17. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

18. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Love it, when there is no wind.

19. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Don't mind it too much. Would rather shoot in snow showers than driving sleet anyday. Pouring rain sucks also. Most trappers don't want to pull in that stuff anyway. A bright sun after a good snow with a woods background with branches coated with ice and snow 360 deg. can make for one hell of a challange.

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

I enjoy it.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.