1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Like Colt Woodsman Pistols?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Hauxfan, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Friends of mine own an auction house and I noticed that they have 5 Colt Woodsmans pistols for sale at there auction on March 30th.

I also know that you do not have to be present as you can log on and bid from your computer. (At least I think so.

Go to Cady Auction & Appraisal and scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you can see all 5 of them listed. They are all different models, which makes me think one person was collecting them.

They also have an old Colt .32 circa 1903 at this sale.

Hope you all enjoy looking.

Who knows, maybe someone may be interested in these guns.

Hauxfan!

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

I love THIS one!

They didn't love my $2200 offer though :(

-Gary

gw22_2008_030332.jpg

3. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Elephant ears and 3 line clip = big $$

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Got mine a long time ago, 1950 vintage.
    toolmaker251_2008_0303135.jpg

5. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

0   0   0

6. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

0   0   0

Toolmaker ,that looks like a Colt Challenger???

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Ljutic231, A challanger was similar looking to a woodsman, but they had fixed sights, no hold open and bottom mag release. If you look at my woodsman you will see adjustable sights and push button mag release. Mine is a 2nd series made between 1947-55

8. ctreay

ctreay Member

0   0   0

No way, that is the match target model.

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

0   0   0

May be ok from a collector point of view , but otherwise,I would want a target 22 with the rear sight mounted on the slide.

10. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

0   0   0

toolmaker, that is in fact a woodsman match target, my dad has one exactally like it from around the early 50's. i have taken many rabbits with that Colt.. yes,,, many!!

Mike Smith

11. Hauxfan

0   0   0

For you Colt aficionados, any idea what kind of money those Colts listed would bring.

You know, just in case I'd would bid on one or two...........or thought I could steal one, er, I mean buy one for a song.

And are they any good?

Thanks!

Hauxfan!

12. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Value of older Colts, bring your overstuffed wallet. These things seem to fetch quite a few dollars. Are they any good, IMHO they are right up there with the best. I have a 1970's era Hi Standards Victor. It is probably in the same league as these, maybe a bit lesser, but I won't part with it until I'm no longer with us..... Now I believe the picture Toolmaker posted is that of a Colt Woodsman Target. I ordered one in 1974 from a Baltimore area distributer (Anderson and Ireland) for the then pricey sum of $87.00. Order came back as not in stock at this time, please reorder later. I wish I had.

13. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

By far my favorite 22lr pistols. I inherited a 3rd series 4.5" Match Target from my father about 40 years ago after the slide bit his big hand upon firing. It is not in perfect condition as it has a lot of holster wear. I do shoot this pistol like it is part of my hand. I also own a 3rd series 4.5" Sport model, a Huntsman,Targetsman and a Challenger, a couple of Ruger target autos and a High Standard Citation. The all shoot very well but in my hands - None of these come close to my Matchtarget. Bill

14. wm rike

wm rike Member

0   0   0

In the hands of guys like Hu Benner, the Woodsman like Tool's ruled the roost through the fifties and early sixties. My brother has my father's Woodsman, like NIB with the factory target. It's a beauty.

15. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

My grandad gave me his Colt Woodsman, Serial No. 53xxx, when I was about 21 years old. His Dad bought it about 1926-1927. It is a great shooting pistol, performs flawlessly, and is a comfort to shoot. It was rebuilt once by Colt in the 60's, and had a stonger mainspring put in it. Great 22's. Regards, Charlie

16. Hauxfan

0   0   0

Thanks everyone for updating me on a little knowledge of these fine guns.

I do appreciate your comments.

Hauxfan!

17. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

0   0   0

I have owned several woodsman and huntsman pistols over the years and have found them to be excellent shooters. I still have a 3rd generation match target that I bought in the 1970's unfired in it's (worn) original box!
    quick1_2008_021047.jpg

18. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Anyone have any idea what a 3rd generation 6" Match Target is worth in 95%+ condition, with box? Thanks ---- Rich

19. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

0   0   0

20. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

colt challenger woodsman

colt woodsman forum