1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know where I can find this item?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 18, 2013.

1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Years ago, a vendor called Minnesota Bob sold me a XXlarge size Velcro black belt that I could use with my shell pouch. As luck would have it, I lent it to an unknown shooter and he must of forgot to return it to me.

All the other Velcro belts I have seen are to small for me. The length on this belt was large enough to have been sold in a fat man shop. All other Velcro belts I have seen are the size that a twerp would wear.

Anyone know where I could get a belt like this? Please don't say, Omar the tent maker. My wife just said why don't you just loose some weight? Well, I can assure you that will not happen.

Anyone seen Minnesota Bob of late, or know of him? He was a good guy that I would see each year at the Waukesha state shoot.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

No offense but have your wife sew two of the short ones together. Over lap the ends for a custom fit.
    Mike Battista

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Duluth Trading Company sells velcro belts. http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-accessories/work-belts-for-men/61024.aspx

Robert

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Gould & Goodrich makes some large velcro duty belts. Optics Planet carries them.

Jim Skeel

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Terra Haute Tent and Awning. Jeff

6. senior smoke

Jeff:
    LOL.
    Steve

7. senior smoke

Mike:
    Worse comes to worse I will do that.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Robert and Jim:
    I will check those out.
    Thanks,
    Steve

I have one suggestion for the manufacturers of shooting clothing. People are bigger today. Start clothing sizes at 3XL to 10XL. There is a reason why tournament shoots look like Weight Watcher conventions.

My doctor asked me if I eat breakfast? I said I do. She ask what do you eat? I said I like toast. How much toast do you eat? A loaf. She says you eat a loaf of toast every morning? Yes, it's good for you, along with 6 eggs, half a slab of bacon, and hash browns. She then asked me if my mother and father and brother were over weight? I said I'm the thinnest one of the bunch. Now do you understand why I need a rather large Velcro belt?
    Steve

8. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

I saw some really big ones in the men's department at the WalMart in Sparta the other day.
    Dicksie

9. senior smoke

Some guy just PM me and said I should get a belt that they wrap refrigerators on dollies with.
    Steve

10. GR Eubanks

GR Eubanks Active Member

That is just down right mean! Can I have the other half? lol

Roger

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Steve- Get a couple of those rubber tarp straps, like bungee cords. They work on anything. Charlie

12. senior smoke

Thanks to all of you that attempted to help me out.
    Steve

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Here ya go Steve.... They have belts that go to 99".

Good luck......

Jerbear

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Senior Smoke, quote: <i>"I have one suggestion for the manufacturers of shooting clothing. People are bigger today. Start clothing sizes at 3XL to 10XL."</i>

Even when I was skinny I was buying 2x and 3x jackets. Why? Because I prefer to layer my clothing. And you need to buy progressively larger sizes in order to do that.

Ditto for belts. Sporting manufacturers and retailers seem to stop around the 42 to 44 inch range. Well that's fine and dandy for trousers, but not if you want to put a loop around the waist of your parka that's layered over your lightweight jacket that's layered over your camo hoody that's layered over your button up hunting shirt that's layers over your undershirt. Not to mention your bib parka that's layered over your pants.

Brian-Snow5.jpg

15. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

Just go to a BIG and TALL Store. They have all kinds and sizes of belts. Jim

16. Betty1

Betty1 Member

If you check out my website www.embroiderybybetty.com you will find them on there and I can have any size you would like made. The Amish make them for me and they are very nice. You can e-mail or call chba@macomb.com or call 309-221-1974 and I can help you with getting the right size.
    Thanks Betty

17. 548

548 Guest

Amish belt. :) Why does that sound funny to me.

18. senior smoke

Jack:
    All kidding a side, in 7th grade I wore pants, waist 33, length 29. I also wore a man's large sweater, shirt 151/2 neck size, and 34" sleeves.

I called a friend and told him I'm looking for a Velcro belt. He asked me what size pants do I take? I said my wife just purchased a pair and let me look at the size? I said they are waist 42, length 30.

He called for his wife and repeated what I said. She yelled out the only reason he takes a size 42 pants is because he wears them just above his ba--s! Very hurtful, but true.
    Steve

19. senior smoke

I would like to thank everyone for their help. I decided to go with Jerbear's recommendation. I looked on their site and they have my size and exactly what I want.

My boy and his fiancé are back in town from their home in Sweden visiting. When I told them I was looking for a very large belt, he told my future daughter in law something in Swedish and she started laughing.

I asked her what did he say? My son said don't tell him. Later she wrote it down for me? Min pappa har aldrig träffat en hamburgare som han inte gillar, liksom en platta av bacon.

Steve

20. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Bullhide Belts See link