1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know this guy?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by snowbird, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I sent a Wall Chart on June 5 th. to a Todd McQueen, 605 Elm St. Pella Iowa he said he was a assistant coach with a school trap team.

I have e-mailed him several times and tried to call him. There is no phone number for him at that address or in Pella Iowa which seems strange.

He answered me once on a e-mail and said he would check with the school on why they have not sent the check.

I gave him free shipping to help the school kids out on the price, there may be a legit reason why I have not heard from him in over 2 1/2 months.

Thanks.

Terry.

2. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Try him at this phone number. I dont know him but I found it online for you.

Todd McQueen (641) 637-1001

3. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Thanks bonzai272

I tried that number lots of times he don't answer it. I don't beleive he is an assistant school coach or this would not happening.

Terry.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Try and do a good thing by shipping for free to help the kids and get burned for your effort. Don't you just love it. I sure hope you get it all sorted out but 2 1/2 months is not sounding good.

5. 88oliver

88oliver Member

http://www.gracepella.org/sportsman.cfm

try this website shows his number and others in the Grace Fellowship Sportsman Club , should now him

6. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Thanks guys!

I will call that group, maybe he has moved and is not getting my e-mails or calls.

Terry.

7. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Ill be in Pella tommorow, ill ask around if anyone knows him.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Do you still have his email? If so, forward that to me at at he above address, and does he have a handle on this site? If so, get that to me as well. Do an Internet reverse address check for the address you used to ship the chart. That could also generate a different phone number for you.

I'd also call the high school in Pella and play dumb like a fox about the purchase and the purchaser. I'll do som research for the guy there in the educational system too. If he is who he says he is, he knows that he needs to contact you.

Also, for a school system to generate a check, they normally require the buyer to submit a payable voucher/bill BEFORE they do the purchase. School business managers deeply dislike paying a bill AFTER the goods have been delivered, AND without a school purchase order. I am very familiar with these procedures. Even on a genuine purchase can take 30 days and a school board meeting to approve the purchase.

This kinda smells to me. Get me the above info, and I'll do some tracking to help you out. Whatever I find, I'll it over to you. I don't like these kinds of happenings with folks who go well beyond the norm, as you have done.

Whiz

Sorry for the typo errors. My iSpell is doing some very disturbing changes.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

After 40 years contracting and doing a lot of work for schools, I have to say that never ever was a check sent to me on someone's say so.

A purchase order number was needed to get your bill paid, even for the weeniest of service calls. Usually a requisition preceded the P. O.

I hate to say it but IMO you're scammed. Sorry.

HM

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Follw Whiz White advice. Also, as a retired school principal, you will not get paid with out a school purchase order... so call the school principal and tell him that this guy ordered the wall chart in the school's name. Send him the bill and ask him to make it good ASAP. If you get difficutly, send it to the school superintendent and school board president. IF they know him, you will get a response... good or bad. Fred

11. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Guys and thanks for your help.

I sent Whiz a copy of the receipt I sent with the Wall Chart and a copy of his e-mails to me when he ordered the chart.

I looked under SCTP. for Iowa and called their treasurer he was kind enough to look into the deal for me he knows this guy well. I am pretty sure it will get resolved.

Thanks again.

Terry.

12. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I sure hope this is just a misunderstanding. I would hate to think that anybody is so low as to use school children as part of a pitch in a scam...and for what...a wall chart?

Let us know how this resolves.

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Thanks to Larry Gay the problem has been addressed and a check should arrive in the next ten days. The story is he had a couple deaths in the family delaying payments.

Terry.

14. grntitan

Good deal. We will cross our fingers that it arrives as promised. Dang shame it had to come to this in order to get paid.

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I too worked for a huge school district, L.A. City Schools. Lotsa deja vu in this post!

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

"Dang shame it had to come to this in order to get paid."

The time it took to pay or the deaths in the family?

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I also work for several schools. I have found most to be s-l-o-w pay. Seems like someone always forgets to put the invoice or info on someones desk.....

18. grntitan

likes-to-shoot,

I mean it's a shame that over 2 months later the Terry had to start a thread looking for help to find the buyer to collect his money. Death in the family is an absolute terrible thing but not communicating for over two months is pathetic. It would not have taken 5 minutes to send a simple email or make a quick phone call explaining the situtation(if true). Terry sounds like a very reasonable and understanding person. I'm sure he would have worked with the guy if family problems or a death in the family were the case. Lack of any and all communication on this guys part makes him look like he is hiding which is my guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.