1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know the background of the BT-99?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

To my untrained eye the BT-99 looks like a descendant of the Ithaca Knick.

Does anyone know this to be the case, or alternatively, what gun was the forerunner of the BT-99??

Thanks

Lou

2. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Wow... great question. And you know who can give you the answer? Chris Vendel at CRV Custom Arms... he's an encyclopedia when it comes to firearms and the clay sports.

Walker

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Miroku made guns that looked like Ithacas, and after the Browning connection I believe the simply updated the concept, Including some cost saving manufacturing techniques.

I'm sure there is better information out there than what I have, waiting to hear.

HM

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I'll go with halfmile's answer. Ever notice the similarity between the Miroku Charles Daley and the Browning Citori?

5. 333t

333t Member

I'm sure Halfmile is on the right track. I have an Ithaca SBT and also one of the Daly Miroku single barrels. The only real similarity between the BT-99 and the Ithaca is the beavertail forend. The Daly Miroku single barrel and the BT-99 are very similar however, at least on the outside.

Daly Miroku also made a top single trap that was made on their O/U frame that is very similar to the Citori.

Phil

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Some years ago, I sold some guns at a winter league's shoots for a friend and one was a Charles Daly O/U. A Citori shooter and I were unable to find any mechanical or dimensional differences between the two, even with the stocks removed.

Ed

7. ink ball

ink ball Member

The Winchester 101's are not related to the Miroku/Browning guns. The 101's were produced by Olin Kodensha in Tochigi, Japan. They made guns under the Winchester name from 1963 through 1988, and for a few more years after under the Classic Doubles brand. The factory was razed around 1991 or so. The modern day connection between Browning and Winchester did not exist during the time the 101's were produced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

miroku made bt-99