1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of this gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Customf1, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Customf1

Customf1 TS Member

I am thinking of buying a Winchester 101 Diamond oversingle from a friend, it has a custom installed recoil reducer and adjustable but pad comes with 3 chokes and is 95% condition and is in great operating condition. I already shot it and it shoots good. Please let me know what your thoughts are regarding this gun, availability of replacement parts etc Thanks Howard

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

There very good guns.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They're very good guns. But, they have been around and around and around for a long time on the ranges. Just be sure it's a low mileage number (always good to know who owned it and if that was the original owner) and you have a very good gun.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Shoot it first. They have a reputation for kicking like a mule. I have personally shot one in O/U configuration and didn't notice any abnormal recoil. They look like a great value for what you get.

5. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

The Diamond Grade was the first guns I remember that come from the factory with all the goodies done to them (for the time). They had a .740 bore, long forcing cones, choke tubes, adjustable position triggers etc. and nice wood.

The OLD 101's had a reputation of being kickers, but the Diamond Grades were not the same.

$1,600.00 sound kind of high to me, they sold out for $995.00 when Winchester quit. A couple years later they were up to $1,300.00 for LNIB.

You can pick up some "Classic Doubles" guns for a decent price. Same as the Winchester without the name.

Chris Showler from Eagle Trading (I think) is a good Winchester guy. Check his site out and that will give you an idea what they are being ask for.

They extra stuff is just that extra, it doesn't add any value to the gun. At least not for me. It would cost you a bunch to have it done to the gun, but would you have it done to the gun?

IMHO

OB

6. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Had the same gun. 1300 is closer to market. Anything less go for it. Mine didnt kick. Had a 101 skeet that did. It is one of the 'wish I didnt sell it" guns

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If it kicked, that means it didn't fit. It's that simple. All O/U's kick the same, being weight is equal!!