1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of any leagues in MD?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by NU2Shooting1027, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NU2Shooting1027

NU2Shooting1027 TS Member

Looking to find a league in MD for this summer. The MD Trapshooting Assoc's website is lacking severly in information about this kind of stuff. Was wondering if anyone knew of any leagues this summer at any clubs that you don't have to be a member of. I usually practice at Loch Raven S & T and I asked the manager if they ahd one and was told as of right now they don't. Would like to find one within 30-40 minutes of Sparrows Point (southeast tip of Baltimore County).

Allan

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

http://carneyrodandgunclub.com

3. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

http://carneyrodandgunclub.com/

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

all the league pretty much are over..Heart of Md has a few dates left but then nothing until the end of summer except small weeknight leagues..they will resume in September...where are you in Md??

5. NU2Shooting1027

Calvin, I live in the most south eastern point of baltimore county. Little town called Sparrows Point next to the Key Bridge. The Rebel I'll have to check into the league at Balt. Co. Thanks for the info guys.

Allan

6. laura!

laura! Member

If you don't mind a little driving, the York Co. (PA) league has it's 2nd shoot next Sunday at Carlisle. Carlisle & New Ox would be the furthest for you. The other clubs are Glen Rock, York Adams & North Carroll MD). There are ten 100 16's shoots throughout spring & summer.

7. CalvinMD

NU2..I used to live right across the river from youn on the bay at the mouth of the Magothy

8. NU2Shooting1027

Calvin...I live on Jones' Creek. Like living on the water, love not having to trailer the boat anywhere, just go flip the switch on the lift and I'm gone in 5 minutes. Only thing that sucks is the fishing for stripers has been horrible the past few years locally. In the spring I have an hour ride to the Bay Bridge just to start fishing. Every once in awhile you'll hear of big fish coming out of the Patapsco but I don't want to fish for 1 BIG fish. I'd rather catch 10 medium sized ones. Picked up trap shooting to make it through this year seeing as how gas is gonna be over $4.00/gallon and I'd rather go out and spend the money on trap knowing that I can have fun making stuff turn into dust rather than wasting $150-$250 a day running up and down the bay for the "chance" of catching a fish that's worth keeping.

Allan

9. CalvinMD

Were you there during the hurricane in fall 0f '03?? I lost 120 feet of bulkhead and the boardwalk I had along the whole water front...good thing the house was 25' above bay level or we would have been swimming. as it was I lost a lot of shingles and the glass out of 4 bay windows...never want to go through that again for sure

10. NU2Shooting1027

I was here during the hurricane. We were about 8" from it coming into the house. Lost our above ground pool, the water went above the pool and when it started to drop the pressure change on the sides made it fold in on itself. Boat was anchored out in the middle of the creek, strapped down with 4 anchors. Didn't trust putting it on the trailer and leaving it sit up on the road as knowing my luck a tree would have fell on it. We faired very well compared to some of the others around us. Especially the people down in Miller's Island.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.