1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know about Powser Valley

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Title should say POWDER Valley! Typo was mine.

I was looking to purchase something from Powder Valley out of Kansas but I could not get any price, even estimated, for shipping. I am hesitant to order something based only on the price listed but open-ended for shipping costs. There have been a few times where the shipping costs made the total price of a purchase MUCH greater than what would be expected (like $250 pirchase but with a $45.99 shipping charge while other places had shipping down in the $15-18 range)

If you have ordered from Powder Valley,was the shipping charge fair and reasonable or was it an additional "profit center" for the company?

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I bought 3 - 8 lbers from them in April. Their charges were:

Insurance $1.50
    Hazmat $22.50
    Shipping $15.95

I live 2 states away. If I could have bought more, it, of course, would have spread the hazmat out a little. I would guess the charges for a single 8 lber would be close to the same but a little less. The hazmat charge essentially forces you to buy multiple "kegs".

I felt lucky to be able to get any (rifle powder), since locally they had dried up. Hope this helped. Good luck.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

My last order was 4 8lb promos and charged as follows: Hazmat $20.00, S&H $21.48, Ins .80. I am in Fl and have been pleased with their service. If you call them they will give you the total before shipping. Jake

4. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Great outfit!!! Best if you order the maximum weight pkg! You can mix primers wads and powder to get the box full!!They have excellent service!:) PJ

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

With the three positive comments, i felt confident enough to submit my order.

Thank you for your replies.

6. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Well my order came in and I am very satisfied with the service and the cost. The actual shipping costs charged were lower than any of the other suppliers had for their estimates, the products arrived exactly on the date expected and the product cost was among the lowest of the several places I checked. Over all I wo9uld rate Powder Valley as 5 Stars out of 5.

Once again thank yoiu to those who told me of your experiences with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.